Black People : schooling

Alkebulan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 17, 2002
boringham, alabama
Occupation
slacker
hopefully this won't add fuel 2 the fire but here r some things that i hear the brothers wish our sisters would learn/know. now, i say this n fun so don't get bent out of shape but there is definitely some thruth to it

style & class: y blonde, burgundy, & other colors n the hair r not "fly"

style & class II : y long fingernails, xcessive jewelry & makeup does not make u a diva.

hair managment: going w/o a weave; & f ur hair style requires multiple pins & gel to shape it, it's probably not a good style.

hair management II: ur hair does not have 2 b the reason not to exercise and sweat.

style & class III: y dressing like a homegirl does not mean u r a woman who keeps it real, y tight revealing clothing only leads to wham bam's?

fitness: the difference b/t big boned/thick/curvy, & obesity.

disagreements: how to walk away w/o getting the last word n.

o k, so, what class, seminar, or course would u make manditory (or strongly suggested) 4 the opposite sex? :)

Is it getting WARM up on this post?

To each his own, but you bring up some good points, Doc. However, we EACH have got to do some 'learning'.

Folk 'style' themselves (when single--male or female) to hopefully attract the right kind of attention from the right kind of person.

Unfortunately, you can't teach common sense.

How one presents themselves is how others will see them.

Like the old saying goes: "I can't hear what you say, I can only go by what your actions tell me."

Mike Ramey

Most young women today think they're supposed to look like they just stepped out of the latest video with the too short, too tight, too revealing, too gelled (hair) look and let's not mention the foul verbage. My opinion: great "I'm a Hoochie" advertisement.

Take a look at some of those videos and even the black magazines that are geared to the twenty-something crowd. Look at the advertisements ~ our young women are just emulating what they see advertised.

I agree with Mike, how you present yourself is how others will see you.

The sad thing about this is that these women don't see themselves as dressing the part of a hoochie or a skank ~ they actually think they look good because of the stereotypical media mess that's out there.

Common sense ain't all that common.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back