Black People : Schooling White people

Full Speed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 7, 2009
Anyone who has spent any amount of time around White people know they have a tendency to ask questions which come off as stupid or even offensive. The thing is there has never been an open discussion of race in America. There needs to be an open forum where race can be discussed, where White people can ask their stupid questions and we can answer with facts and without becoming offended. Likewise, we can present points which express our thoughts, questions, distrust, and ideologies.

One might think, "Why should I have to school White folks on things they should already know?" Well, the fact is, rather they should know them or not, they don't. They wonder about things, they want to know things, so sometimes they get the nerve to ask them but when they do, they come off as stupid, offensive, or racist just for even asking such rediculous questions.

There are NO SIGNS that in the forseeable future we will live without interacting with White people. Getting "offended" accomplishes nothing. In fact, it only plays into the stereo types. We need mature, intelligent DIALOGUE in the face of their stupid questions. We need hold open discussions outside of an emotionally charged setting.

If you have spent any time interacting with White folks, I am sure you can think of dozens of stupid questions they ask. Here are just a few of many examples of what I am talking about:

They might ask....
Why do Black people talk in Ebonics?
Why did all Black people vote for Barack Obama?
Why do Black people eat chittlings?
Why do Black people kill each other?
Why do Black people call each other the N word?
Why do Black people have so many children out of wedlock?

Some of the questions are just plain stupid while others they don't even realize how they or their ancestors contributed to the condition. As in the case of Chittlings, they can't imagine how so many Black people could eat something like Chittlings. Most of them don't even realize this is a result of foods fed to slaves that over time they developed a taste for.

Speaking to their ignorance is not always productive but being offended by their stupid questions is never productive.

A productive open discussion requires both parties to accept responsibility for their contribution to problems.

Anyone who has spent any amount of time around White people know they have a tendency to ask questions which come off as stupid or even offensive. The thing is there has never been an open discussion of race in America. There needs to be an open forum where race can be discussed, where White people can ask their stupid questions and we can answer with facts and without becoming offended. Likewise, we can present points which express our thoughts, questions, distrust, and ideologies.

One might think, "Why should I have to school White folks on things they should already know?" Well, the fact is, rather they should know them or not, they don't. They wonder about things, they want to know things, so sometimes they get the nerve to ask them but when they do, they come off as stupid, offensive, or racist just for even asking such rediculous questions.

There are NO SIGNS that in the forseeable future we will live without interacting with White people. Getting "offended" accomplishes nothing. In fact, it only plays into the stereo types. We need mature, intelligent DIALOGUE in the face of their stupid questions. We need hold open discussions outside of an emotionally charged setting.

If you have spent any time interacting with White folks, I am sure you can think of dozens of stupid questions they ask. Here are just a few of many examples of what I am talking about:

They might ask....
Why do Black people talk in Ebonics?
Why did all Black people vote for Barack Obama?
Why do Black people eat chittlings?
Why do Black people kill each other?
Why do Black people call each other the N word?
Why do Black people have so many children out of wedlock?

Some of the questions are just plain stupid while others they don't even realize how they or their ancestors contributed to the condition. As in the case of Chittlings, they can't imagine how so many Black people could eat something like Chittlings. Most of them don't even realize this is a result of foods fed to slaves that over time they developed a taste for.

Speaking to their ignorance is not always productive but being offended by their stupid questions is never productive.

A productive open discussion requires both parties to accept responsibility for their contribution to problems.
Our task is to school no one but our children, and encourage our adult population to a level of self sufficiency!

White folks have enough technology and billion dollar think tanks to learn more about Black history and culture then most of our family in the hood know.

That snitch on the Gil Noble show about COINTELPRO, stated that it was his white station chief that taught him about Muntu, Kintu and Hantu

Our task is to school no one but our children, and encourage our adult population to a level of self sufficiency!

White folks have enough technology and billion dollar think tanks to learn more about Black history and culture then most of our family in the hood know.

That snitch on the Gil Noble show about COINTELPRO, stated that it was his white station chief that taught him about Muntu, Kintu and Hantu

That sounds great on paper, but in the real world we live in....the one where we work with and for White people, live among White people, are governed in a country where White people constitute the majority our task is to school anyone ignorant of who we are and why we are what we are.

No Race is an island. Get real. Those who are most talking the Black Nationalist talk are DOING the least Black Nationalist walk. Even encouraging self-sufficiency does not free us of interacting with White people...again, I say, NO RACE IS AN ISLAND. The most self-sufficient person you know interacts with White people.

Technology and billion dollar think tanks cannot school White people what mature and intelligent Black people can teach them about us. The only excuse I see for not actively working towards schooling White people about who, what, and why we are is actively working towards not just self-sufficiency but towards TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from them to include walking away from any expectations of REPARATIONS because if you are not willing to make your case in mature, intelligent dialogue by schooling White people it is TOTALLY unrealistic to ever expect them to feel any responsiblity to pay reparations.

@Full Speed
Couldn't agree more with you on this. Surely it makes sense to try and help those white folks who do want to know more to be able to find the answers to their questions. I just don't get the argument that categorizes all white people as racists beyond any kind of redemption. When I was out yesterday in a little french town nearby where we're staying there were lots of kids groups walking around - they were all a mix of black, white and brown - all of them seemed to be getting on with each other perfectly well - I've always noticed this about kids. But somewhere along the line their attitudes are changed - maybe its due to all that media mind manipulation or maybe something else. If white kids were taught black history - about such things as the first black civilizations and about black scientists, writers, artists and so on and if they were taught the real facts about slavery I think that might go a long way towards countering that manipulation. One of the things I notice about living in London is that a lot of white folks are actually scared of black people - you still see some people cross the street rather than pass a small group of black teenagers - I don't think this is because they don't want to come close to black people - its because they're scared stiff they will get attacked, abused whatever - another sign of the way they have been programmed by the media. Admittedly some of the questions you've quoted are on the extreme side of the stupid scale, but no doubt there are people who still don't know even those basic things. Even slightly more intelligent white folks and mixed people like me who've been brought up white find it hard to understand why some black folk use the N word (plus I have no clue even what a chittling is). As far as I can see almost all conflicts between people have been made better by both groups talking to each other. Like in Ireland where catholics and protestants spent decades shooting and blowing each other up with both sides viewing the others as some kind of born-evil subrace that could never ever live in peace with them - but eventually with enough talking people were able to make peace and most of the protestants eventually got to understand that the route cause of it all was their oppression of the catholics over hundreds of years - the same goes for muslims and christians in Bosnia. Anyways that's just my opinion.

That sounds great on paper, but in the real world we live in....the one where we work with and for White people, live among White people, are governed in a country where White people constitute the majority our task is to school anyone ignorant of who we are and why we are what we are.

No Race is an island. Get real. Those who are most talking the Black Nationalist talk are DOING the least Black Nationalist walk. Even encouraging self-sufficiency does not free us of interacting with White people...again, I say, NO RACE IS AN ISLAND. The most self-sufficient person you know interacts with White people.

Technology and billion dollar think tanks cannot school White people what mature and intelligent Black people can teach them about us. The only excuse I see for not actively working towards schooling White people about who, what, and why we are is actively working towards not just self-sufficiency but towards TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from them to include walking away from any expectations of REPARATIONS because if you are not willing to make your case in mature, intelligent dialogue by schooling White people it is TOTALLY unrealistic to ever expect them to feel any responsiblity to pay reparations.

I love you and respect you brother,
but I grew up middle class, and went to a majority white Jewish schools, both elementary and JHS, and the white kids in Junior High were reading Dick Gregory's autobiography, when many Black students didn't know who he was.
ad it was a white student in JHS that gave me a copy of "Siege" because his father was the producer of the publishing house that made it.

I worked civil service in NYC both white collar and blue collar, for a combined 25 years amongst white folks and they don't give a doggone about this,
the facts about our history or whatever,
so let's as you say deal with the real life world

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back