schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Goddess Auset333, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/schizophrenia

schiz·o·phre·ni·a (skts-frn-, -frn-)
    n.
    1. Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/schizophrenia

schizophrenia /schizo·phre·nia/ (skit?so-fren´e-ah) (-fre´ne-ah) a mental disorder or group of disorders characterized by disturbances in the form and content of thought (e.g., delusions, hallucinations), in mood (e.g., inappropriate affect), in sense of self and relationship to the external world (e.g., loss of ego boundaries, withdrawal), and in behavior (e.g., bizarre or apparently purposeless behavior); it must cause marked decrease in functioning and be present for at least six months.schizophren´ic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

catatonic schizophrenia a form characterized by psychomotor disturbance, which may be manifested by a marked decrease in reactivity to the environment and in spontaneous activity, by excited, uncontrollable, and apparently purposeless motor activity, by resistance to instructions or attempts to be moved, or by maintenance of a rigid posture or of fixed bizarre postures.

childhood schizophrenia former name for schizophrenia-like symptoms with onset before puberty, marked by autistic, withdrawn behavior, failure to develop an identity separate from the mother's, and gross developmental immaturity, now classified as pervasive developmental disorders.

disorganized schizophrenia , hebephrenic schizophrenia a form marked by disorganized and incoherent thought and speech, shallow, inappropriate, and silly affect, and regressive behavior without systematized delusions.
    paranoid schizophrenia a form characterized by delusions, often with auditory hallucinations, with relative preservation of affect and cognitive functioning.
    residual schizophrenia a condition manifested by individuals with symptoms of schizophrenia who, after a psychotic schizophrenic episode, are no longer psychotic.

undifferentiated schizophrenia a type characterized by the presence of prominent psychotic symptoms but not classifiable as catatonic, disorganized, or paranoid.

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Truth and Reality (same).

Is this the mind-set when we are separated from Truth and Reality?

There is Harmony, Order, and Balance in Truth and Reality.
    :SuN030: :SuN030: :SuN030:

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    It IS considered “psychotic” for Folks of Afreekan Descent to believe they are a different people than europeans. Any group for that matter. Imagine how many were confined to institutions because they BELIEVED they WERE Gods/Goddesses and/or that they SPOKE TO THEIR ANCESTORS.
    Different cultural belief systems are always classified as “psychotic” to them. Heck…Desiring to BE anything other than european would warrant a diagnosis of “psychotic”

a withdrawal from ‘Whose’ “reality" I wonder

ummm..”illogical patterns of “thinking”…like THINKING….I’m Afreekan and Proud of it!...

delusions….like everything europeans know..they STOLE from Afreekans and hallucinations….or My grandmother who has transitioned/died…speaks to me regularly and I gain comfort from this.

Emotional disturbance…..I’m MAD (Mother/Men of Afreekan Descent) as all git out that my people have been enslaved here and I want to talk about that...or...I am really SAD (Sister of Afreekan Descent) and long to Be Home with Mama Afreeka..or how about...I FEAR (working on this one) for my life as an Afreekan Descendent here in amerikkka...

Behavioral disturbance….as in....I’m not interested in playing the b.s games initiated by europeans…games like… monopoly…attempting to monopolize and horde all the resources I can for SELF…or….life…which IS NOT a game to M.E. It’s REAL…

Intellectual disturbance…as in….THINKING FOR MYSELF??

They have only become aware of the functions of the frontal lobe in the past @ 30 yrs. Or so..and guess what…it’s responsible for EXECUTIVE functions…like THINKING, PLANNING, ANALYZING CONTROL …AND… We are able to exercise CONTROL…a look at our condition for the past several hundred years ought to PROVE that cause WE ARE STILL ENSLAVED HERE AND NOW DOING TO OURSELVES/EACH OTHER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO US AS OPPOSED TO TAKING THE ISH OUT ON THEM!....control?? or totally schzid out?

Need I really say more?

I still stand by MY assessment that WE are culturally schizophrenic! Based on our thinking as they do, subduing our emotions/Spirit cause they have none and our BE~haviors towards self and others of US.

Afreekan – Life Affirming
    American – Life Destroying
    two totally DIFFERENT world views..ways of thinking, feeling and behaving
    Culturally Schizophrenic

4. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    no comments??

Yes....a Culturally Schziophrenic mind-set...from

BE~ing separated from OUR Truth as Afreekan BE~ings and now living a faulty Reality

and WE know it's true...based on OUR interactions and behaviors towards each other!

one minute someone is "good/worthy/worhtwhile" etc.... = Afreekan
    next minute they are "bad/dangerous/stupid/lazy/crazy"...etc.= amerikkkan

mind-sets...

:hearts2: