Black Relationships : - SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT AN EX

It is said that we are each reflections of one another and like attracts like and so in essence when we saying something "BAD" about our ex's, it only shows a negative reflection of ourselves. Therefore, every relationship offers us an opportunity for growth, no matter how messed up it may seem. So, before you say something "BAD" about your ex, be sure to check yourself and what it was that YOU contributed towards your BAD relationship. Don't think it was "all him" or "all her" as it always takes two to tango.

Peace, Love, Light
1UL

No disrespect, but I dont entirely agree with that statement. I mean, dont get me wrong, no body is perfect....we all have strenths and weaknesses...we can all *learn* from a bad relationship, as I have....but when you are involved with someone with deep psychological issues, and a dysfunctional childhood.....the jacked up way they respond to their partner is not necessarily a "negative reflection of ourselves." I am not here to dog your comment, but believe me, I come from a place of experience and I KNOW. Perhaps you have not experienced someone with a messed up childhood....but that mess affects EVERYTHING. Believe me,Even my ex has said that I was a very special woman. He had issues that were way beyond my control.....

Also, your comment that "like attracts like", is only true when you have reached a certain maturity level. Sometimes we dont *know* a person until we get knee deep involved with them....and its hard, because at that point we may love their crazy @ss. No harm or offense, but I feel as if your comment lacks real world/relationship experience. Or perhaps you have been blessed not to have some mentally unstable companions.....:?:

No disrespect, but I dont entirely agree with that statement. I mean, dont get me wrong, no body is perfect....we all have strenths and weaknesses...we can all *learn* from a bad relationship, as I have....but when you are involved with someone with deep psychological issues, and a dysfunctional childhood.....the jacked up way they respond to their partner is not necessarily a "negative reflection of ourselves." I am not here to dog your comment, but believe me, I come from a place of experience and I KNOW. Perhaps you have not experienced someone with a messed up childhood....but that mess affects EVERYTHING. Believe me,Even my ex has said that I was a very special woman. He had issues that were way beyond my control.....

Also, your comment that "like attracts like", is only true when you have reached a certain maturity level. Sometimes we dont *know* a person until we get knee deep involved with them....and its hard, because at that point we may love their crazy @ss. No harm or offense, but I feel as if your comment lacks real world/relationship experience. Or perhaps you have been blessed not to have some mentally unstable companions.....:?:

Thank you for your comments to my lil' post. Let me see if I can make it clearer so that you can understand the point I'm trying to make.

You are correct in saying that like attracts like can be understood when one reaches a certain level of maturity. This only comes with knowledge of self. This is why we have to be so careful how we raise our children. When we ourselves lack self-esteem, self-worth and/or self-love we potentially attract abuse into our lives which comes in many forms. In an abusive relationship for example, the victims are reflections for what the abuser thinks of themselves. When one violent relationship breaks down, the victim simply attracts another until the cause (lack of self-esteem/self-worth/self-love etc) is removed.

I don't mind expressing here that I grew up in a very violent household and my Dad would beat on my Mum all the time. We would come home from school and see her all bloodied up and bruised and many times would have to call the ambulance. Eventually she left him and us and divorced him. My Mum remarried, and again was abused by her 2nd husband. My Mum was a beautiful woman and didn't deserve to be treated in that way by anyone! It wasn't until I got older and understood about the dynamics of energy, vibrations and magnetism etc that I could see how my Mum attracted such abuse in her life. My Mum (bless her) had no self-worth, no self-esteem and no self-love etc.

My father also use to beat up on me & my siblings really bad. When I grew up the cycle continued and I found that I attracted in my life guys who would abuse me. Like many other victims I wasn't a bad person and like my Mum I had no self-love or self worth etc. I THOUGHT I knew what love was and I loved certain guys who showed me so-called affection and attention but later on would beat up on me. It wasn't until years and years later that I decided to look at myself and ask the question what was wrong with me and why was I always attracting abusive guys in my life. I knew then that SOMETHING had to CHANGE. Until I could see that I deserved better in my life nothing would change. I had to learn how to truly love me, find my self-worth etc which only comes through knowledge of self. As you say, "we all have strengths and weaknesses...we can all *learn* from a bad relationship,...".

Eventually my Mum died of heart problems (what I call a broken heart because of the lack of self-love as well as the lack of love from her husbands). And we all need love. The heart chakra is the energy vortex and spiritual power that corresponds to Love, truth and compassion and is the self-judging aspects of ourselves.

As the age old axiom goes: "KNOW THYSELF!" in order that we can break these cycles and recognise our true worth to attract the best of who we are in our lives and not the negative reflections of ourselves. As you say "nobody is perfect". So even if we attract negative reflections of ourselves in our lives we will be at a level where we have acquired some self-worth, self-love etc and can at least attract a partner with whom we can GROW TOGETHER with.

Peace, love, light embrace you...
1UL

bump that

I have said something good about my ex so now I have the right to say something bad about him................

He lives in lala land...he rather give money than spend time with his kids...he will lie until he is caught!

He will fight a women but I don't know of any fights he had with a man and we know eachother from school days....lol

He also have ulgy feet.....LOLOLO(>O>OLOLOLOLOL

I feel comfortable that this is not a reflection of me because his personality is not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel comfortable that this is not a reflection of me because his personality is not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

You had a kid by him. So how is he not a reflection of your character?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back