Black People : Say No!!!! to Money

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by blazejay, Sep 27, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Disclaimer: This is going to be a highly debated and heated discussion.
    I one will not be liable if the moderators or the owner of this site take your post off this thread.
    You have been warned!!!!
    Also chime in your thoughts, opinions, etc…but please, please be respectful of others views and opinion.

I know and understand that this has been a much discussed topic on this site, but I have to just re-visit it again.
    I want to start by asking this simple question, “What is $$Money$$$?
    The reason I brought this topic up again because I am graduating in 4 weeks and I have seen a lot of the ugliness that this piece of paper bring out of a human being.
    I have seen too many people rights be bought by this paper; I have seen it go up people nose, through their veins, and even leak out their cranium.
    I have seen intelligent, well-educated brothers turn from a brother of respect to a prison number.
    I have seen beautiful queens walk these streets with love and respect from brothers in the street, turn into junkies, unrespected, and loss they way.

What I don’t get is the double standards and contradictions in society.
    How am I supposed to find my queen, when she at a strip junt, in these streets selling her goods, and just plain hate a brother with his head on right?
    Why as the cliché say, “Money make the world go round?”
    Why we base everything on “Materialistic” values instead, of true core values?
    Why we let money controls us and our thoughts?
    If there were no emphasis on money a lot of things would be different.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Why do you preface most of your posts/threads as controversial? Implying they will generate heated discussion. Also, why do you provide only this negative slant about money; why not include the good it does. Is it your intent to disturb the peace?

Just asking...

Surely you can find something good to say about money... don't you desire a job after college? Don't you want to get paid for you education?

Peace In,

3. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I have seen where I posted something that I thought was nothing of importance turned into a very heated debate over night that's why I put it there, plus it catches the attention of a individual.

I only have seen the negative of what money has done the only good it does is pay for "material" things not things of the heart or of substance.

It has never brought the good out of people, it has always been the evil or worse of Men.

Even a rich man can back me on this, "that money always bring more problems"

I can get a job, but what does it bring me in the end? Death, Stress, and Poor Health.

I am a fool to think or dream of being "rich".

Has money brought us together or divided this country and world?

I am idiot to say also that I can make it without money.www

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

... Lets call it robust conversation between individuals rather than heated debate, and, you've answered the Thread's query:

I am a idiot to say also that I can make it without money.www

Welcome to the real world...

Peace In,

5. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Money is a creature of the law.
    Money is gold, silver, or copper coin also known as specie.

What you think of as money i.e. Federal Reserve Notes (FRNs) is not money in the technical sense.

An FRN is a banknote in the form of a non-interest bearing promissory note.
    A note is a debt instrument.
    A note is a negotiable instrument.

Commerce is based on adversarial relationships.
    The root of commerce is the creditor-debtor relationship.
    Debts and credits can be quantified. Assessments can be levied.

Money has a habit of debasing values. This was noted as far back as Aristotle and Socrates.
    Value becomes reduced to quantified units of account.

Most people contemplate money emotionally rather than logically and rationally.
    But the system was designed so that you'd remain in an emotional (and stressed) state rather than taking time to think and plan .....

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    This is a good point.
    The problem is in substituting commercial interests and jural relationships for property, in my opinion.

The only virtue in commerce is profit, gain, and/or advantage.

I don't think so. It is not so much about being rich as it is about abundance, ease, peace of mind, and acquisition in my opinion.

Commerce is based on adversarial relationships, competition, and division.
    I have seen capitalism referred to as "a friendly war".

Not at all. You simply have to know how to do it.
    What you are seeking, I believe, is peace from the tumultuous seas of commerce.
    Money is a great servant, but a horrible master.

7. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    To put it simply "money" does not make an individual do anything. To delve a little deeper into this, money is only a tool, a means to an end. That is why you hear some people state "ends" when they are talking about currency. So to get right to it, it's about the individual and their direct "allowed" influences on how their mindspace (yes, I made up a word) is constructed and with that you have to understand the "ends" an individual is shooting for and attainability of said ends given their current state and factor in their overall morality.

Do not look to money as the issue, look at the world, society, individuals. It's akin to the adage of "guns do not kill (on their own), people do."

8. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    The lust for money, not money itself, is the root of all evil. But that does not mean you should seek to acquire money. It does mean you should recognize that money itself does not, cannot, buy abundance, ease, or peace of mind.

The only people who think it does are people who have never been rich and, hence, are speaking about that which they know not of.

Just read the headlines. Some of the most paranoid, unhappy, people on earth also happen to be rich. Micheal Jackson --- all that money and talent and he ends up OD-ing. Ditto for Whitney Houston. Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world, yet he ended up having his character trashed by his own government. That messed him up so bad he and his wife have spent the years since his congressional hearings trying a equally pointless approach --- giving away money in an attempt to buy back his good name:

I assume you are a young man, perhaps having lived no more than 1/3 of your mortal years. Here is some good advice if you haven't figure it out yet.

Most of the goals the previous generation have spent their whole lives seeking are wack --- just pure, unadulterated wackiness.

War is not the Way to seek peace.

Hating those who hate you will not make you feel better.

Money cannot buy you peace, ease, or happiness --- despite the purely erroneous theme of one of Will Smith's movies:

[​IMG]

Trust Your Own Instincts. Question Everything. Hold fast to that which rings true.

9. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    that's what i'm saying. to me it's like someone saying that they don't wanna say something because it will turn into an argument, when in reality if their intent is not to argue, why say that, unless they are trying to convince themselves of that lol. anyways, still waiting on the "BOOM" and see none. I am guessing that the OP wishes it would turn into a heated discussion lol.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073

... Hey legit-writer, I hear ya sister... It is on good ground with the best intent that I called upon the OP to consider the energy and invitation a Disclaimer presents. Here are examples, from among many, to make the point:

But lets hope it isn't energy to inflame or incite confrontation against peace, or the "Boom" as you say, lol. At the same time, everyone gets to project what they wish, as long as its done with respect; and so far, the OP has demonstrated a degree of respect.

Peace In,