Black Entertainment : Say It Ain't So Gladys Knight - Dancing With the Stars

Heartbeat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2001
OK so I admit I'm probably the last person in America who now knows Gladys Knight is a participant on Dancing With The Stars and I'm sick about it. She is one of my all-time favorite female singers and I was madly in love with her for a period of time way back in the day. Why is she doing this????? What does she have to prove???? Is she desperate to keep her name in the limelight and be relevant in today's world of show business???? Why doesn't she know what myself and zillions of others know that she will always be relevant???? When I saw an internet clip of her dancing on that show I was shocked and so disappointed she would would (in my humble opinion) lower her status as a star to be part of this foolishness. Guess I'm still in love with her huh? They interviewed Smokey Robinson as well about Gladys on the show...What he has done to try and appear youthful is another story altogether. I guess its a show business ego thing. Yeeeeech!!!

Brother Heartbeat ... i had no idea she was doing the show, and had to go and find the video so i could see!

I think she looks wonderful! I don't see how it's degrading to her status as the superstar she is!

She's representing quite well, in my opinion.

Yeah ... i think you might be feel'n some kind of way ... that man embrace'n her 'cross da dance floor ... :)

I didn't see any more than the 6 below, did she get kicked out after that, or is she still in it?

Dancing with the Stars : Gladys Knight's First Dance!

Dancing with the Stars : Gladys Knight's Second Dance!

Dancing with the Stars : Gladys Knight's Third Dance!

Dancing with the Stars : Gladys Knight's Fourth Dance!

Dancing with the Stars : Gladys Knight's Fifth Dance!

Thanks For Sharing! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

Gotta say the ol girl is wearing those little dance outfits. And Heartbeat, I hear what you're saying and know where you're coming from. Though many of the young folks here won't recognize these names, you will get what I mean when I submit that the likes of Diahann Carroll or Leslie Uggums would not be seen on a show like this. There's a certain air about the show ( I've never watched it more than 10 minutes, not into network TV), that wreaks of the gaudy and gratuitous nature of entertainment today. And I think, dearest Heartbeat, that it's more on that tip that you are disappointed in your longtime love! You thought better of her. ;-) But you still love her! That's the way love goes!! xoxo

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back