Black Spirituality Religion : Saving Africa's Witch children documentary

You know, this video is so disturbing that it transcends all discussion. at least until one shakes off its effects. Metaverse is correct regarding the irony, although i might have chosen a spicier word. First we must congratulate the man who has set up the house to save these children regardless of race. But the larger picture is something that can't be ignored. In fact, what Metaverse alludes to is what guided me into the field of anthropology. So it is something personal to me and no small matter. You know those commercials that show starving children in Afrika or South America and ask for your donation, or show all the good they are doing. This is then amplified to the level of government in the form of "Aid." Aside from the fact that aid programs are used to gain influence within a country, etc. what I'm talking about is what Metaverse spoke to. The violent representation of the issue. What is hidden is the causes of poverty, etc. They show YT doing all these good things, but never is the source of the dysfunction revealed. It's a violent representation because it does violence to the victims. It ignores the causes, as if these conditions always existed. All those starving Guatemalan children are starving because they come from a race of inferior intellect, are lazy, etc. but YT will save the day. Never is the fact of U.S. corporate and governmental policy related to Guatemala's situation (just an example).

so true also when Metaverse says "... The point, the African mind especially as a collective is "healthier" with the polarizations of both Male and Female in power..."

That is why the first thing they did was destroy the women's societies and portray them as evil. If you study the earliest written documents (I am lucky to be close to the University of Florida, which has an excellent collection) as well as Odu, there was not this anti-witch activism in the culture. There was a deep respect of older women, who were/are believed to have the evil eye, that is the power to curse. Of course they also had the power to bless. Early accounts of Gelede, a festival in which the ancestors and the Mothers were propitiated and balance maintained, do not portray a people in fear of "witches." But respectful of the power of women. Throughout their history there has always been this delicate balance between male and female energy, played out in Gelede.

This video represents the effects of the destruction by Europeans of the institutions that maintained balance between the feminine and masculine. But all we see are some ignorant savages who need the Euro to save them. A violent (mis) representation.

THANATOS/EROS

LETS CUT THRU SOME STUFF WHICH HAS I FEEL AND AND BEEN EXPRESS THRU MY BEING. NOW WE GOT THESE "BLACK" CHRISTIANS JUST GOING UP TO CHILDREN AND ADULTS ALSO SAYING YOU IS A WITCH AND KILLING THEM. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT BEFORE YOU WANT TO GO MESS WITH "YT" THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAN UP YOUR OWN HOUSE AND THAT MEANS FIGHTING AND GETTING RID OF CHRISTIANITY AMONG YOUR OWN EVEN IF THAT MEANS KILLING THEM. THAT THE ONLY WAY, BECAUSE THEY NOT GOING TO STOP KILLING PEOPLE. POINT BLANK!!!!!!!

Hmmm! Very disturbing. Among many, one of the thoughts that came to my mind was "Christianity has spread into every culture on the planet, why is it that this culture seems to be the only one who brand children as witches then murder and mutilate them "in the name of Jesus Christ"??????

Not overlooking the Salem witch trials, which was based upon an intentional or unintentional gross misinterpetation/misrepresentation of scripture. This situation (more greivious because of the murder and mutilation of children) is likewise based on a gross misinterpetation, misunderstanding, or misrepresentation.

New Testiment Christians are not under "The Law"

So, "Exo 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Is not a doctrine applicable to Christians since the inception of The Church.

MKJV
Gal 3:24 So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But faith coming, we are no longer under a trainer.

KJV
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

So, my question is, in today's age, of all the cultures on the planet where Christianity has touched, why is this particular culture the only one that murders and mutilates children in their practice of Christianity?

I don't think any missionaries are teaching this "doctrine"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back