Black People : Save Stanley "Tookie" Williams!

Will you make a call or send a fax?

• Call Gov. Arnald Swartzinegger's office?

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Fax a letter to Gov. Arnald Swartzinegger's office?

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tookie did kill people didn't he? I personally don't believe in the death penalty, but I'm sure the families of the people that he murdered have a different opinion. If they want him to be executed who am I or anyone else to say he should not be? Besides, this man did far more damage to the black community than he has ever helped it, and the only reason he changed is because he finally got caught doing what he spent years doing. Most criminals repent when they are caught. Who knows how many innocent children this man has killed in the black community. We have bigger fish to fry than to fight for the life of a man that started a group that is responsible for the deaths of countless black people. If the founder of a white supremist group responsible for the deaths of thousands of black people was on death row but later denounced his alliance to the group and started writing childrens books proclaiming non violence and his love of black people, would black folks be as supportive of him? I don't think so.

That's my "BIG" opinion.

Bigtown

This is one of the issues that I have with the flood of support being given to brother Williams.

What kind of message are we as a community sending to the rest of the world when we are always defending and lining up behind criminals.

First it's exportation of gangsta rap around the world, then the images of AfroAmericans looting and wilding up in the Superdome, 50Cent got a movie out with him grinning and shooting people......

Ofcourse these are images that our historic enemies have promoted of us, but that doesn't mean we have to participate.

I'm like what the hell are some of our people thinking about?

A 12 year old kids has more sense than to allow himself to be painted as a criminal, so why are so many Black people shamelessly supporting this crap?

Now I've heard a lot of things about brother Tookie on the Chuck D show last night that I never knew before.

He was nominated for Nobel Peace Prizes numerous times and also was active in anti-gang anti-violence programs for youth.
The brother also seems quite articulate and intellent.

Why do so many brothers seem to get some sense ONLY after ending up in prison?

These aspect of his life need to be promoted more by his supporters so as not to give the wrong impression.

Dual Karnayn said:
Bigtown

Why do so many brothers seem to get some sense ONLY after ending up in prison?

These aspect of his life need to be promoted more by his supporters so as not to give the wrong impression.

Good point, but some people learn by tough love. And some people, now being a 'victim' despite in many cases putting themselves there still develop a sense of emphathy and guilt.

As far as my opinion on this... I have mixed feelings. It seems apparent that he did make 160 degree spiritual turnaround, but a part of true spiritual change is acknowledging previous wrongdoing and accepting punishment for it. On the same token, however, Tookie is not a typical 'thug' paraded around in hip hop culture.

Soul

Good point, but some people learn by tough love. And some people, now being a 'victim' despite in many cases putting themselves there still develop a sense of emphathy and guilt.

As far as my opinion on this... I have mixed feelings. It seems apparent that he did make 160 degree spiritual turnaround, but a part of true spiritual change is acknowledging previous wrongdoing and accepting punishment for it. On the same token, however, Tookie is not a typical 'thug' paraded around in hip hop culture.
No, he's certainly not.

I must admit I got my first impressions from the muscle-bound photos of him the media was circulating around.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell they put in his food to make him blow up with the weights...lol.

:weights:

Arnold Schwartznegger might just let him die out of jealousy .

But I think the brother could be a valuable asset to the community now because he seems quite concious and articulate.

Seems like prison...especially solitary confinement and death row...separates Black men from the life they were living on the street and general population.

Separates them from all that negative influences and finally gives them an opportunity to THINK for a change instead of just reacting.
Once they begin to THINK and channel their energy towards the positive instead of ruining thier lives....they tend to reform and improve.

Look at Malcolm X and Mumia.

The Most Nobel Speech Tookie Can Make

"I've done many heineous things in my life. You see me now I am a totally different man. However, for me to just be pardoned will send the wrong message to those still in the life and putting on an act thinking repentence is an escape hatch from justice. Many of those people are out there because I turned then in the wrong path. Hopefully my death will turn them into the right path. I am ready to die and to me that is true repentance."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back