Black Spirituality Religion : Satan Dwells Within You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satan was created to keep people in line. Namely subjects of the Holy Roman Empire. Before Arabs and Europeans came to the motherland, there were cultures in Africa that didn't even have a word or concept for prison.

People who come out of a savage and hostile environment i.e. caves and deserts, need to be shown how to behave. This is the purpose of religion!

Phooey to a Devil :grin:

I like your response

Sekhemu said:
Satan was created to keep people in line. Namely subjects of the Holy Roman Empire. Before Arabs and Europeans came to the motherland, there were cultures in Africa that didn't even have a word or concept for prison.

People who come out of a savage and hostile environment i.e. caves and deserts, need to be shown how to behave. This is the purpose of religion!

Phooey to a Devil :grin:

LOL in all of your simplistic terms... I am in agreement! No devil. There is evil to balance out good, dark vs light. But no devil. There are demons but no lord over them.

Shadow

there is good and bad in all of us...
anyone that doesn't realize this
is living in a fairy-tale...
the goal of man is to make the percentage
of bad...as small as possible...
NONE OF US ARE SAINTS
and i hope
NONE OF US ARE DEMONS
one love
khasm

to answer the question...
i would look internally
but not too hard...cause i already know who i am :wink:

Satan in you

In viewing the responses received thus far I thought I would make another comment on this thread. In summarizing the opinions rendered thus far, two lines of reasoning appear. These fall into two realms, of belief this entity known as Satan exists, the other nay saying.

Among the nay sayers are curt dismissals in coincidence with a concise scholarly etymological survey of the development of the idea of Satan from an astrological perspective. In these frames you see what's common throughout the world, a mixture of philosophy, idiosyncracy and cultural bias coloring the views. It goes without saying, this community being Afro-centric there would be references indicating Satan being created by a religious institution to control the world, with a particular emphasis on African or other conquered peoples. This frame of reference is not unique however, in any culture whose belief systems deny the existence of this being are accounts that are peculiar to their people. Therefore, in denials based on people's philosophies or belief systems you see an idiosyncratic view, each taking their views as if they bear credibility for all mankind. This alone deminishes any credibility these views may have, for instance the Catholic Church creating Satan to enhance its influence and power. The idea of a pre-eminent demonic entity existed long before the Catholic Church came into being. If the member who presented the scenario merely meant the Catholic Church utilized the concept to its advantage he would also need to consider what is at the root of this entity or idea becoming a subject that has met mankind's concern. No doubt, in every area of human endeavor there can be conditions from which ideations of contrary powers will develop, some attributing these to fear, mankind's attempt to comprehend the unknown, a need to account for failed works, misbehavior, etc. What can derive out of the imagation, based on one's experiences can be phenomenal, nevertheless for those who dismiss the idea of an entity of this kind will need to consider whether there is a kernel of truth in the maze of ideas that exist in the world on this question. Like a tiny seed precipitating into a mighty oak, the enormity of the tree and its complexity belies the simplicity of the truth of its beginning, the seed nor the tree give any hint of the reality of the other.

With the etymological explanation from an astrological perspective we are viewing a philosphical frame in context of words associated as root sources from which the word Satan and its meaning eventually developed. The same is true with this idea as the other, it casts a frame on the subject that renders an air of veracity to the perspective. However, when distilled you see the same with this as with the other, an effort to deduce Satan into terms that are favorable to human comprehension. If indeed, Satan is only an idea then, among the barrel full of ideas there are on this subject in the world this is as good as any other. The intermingling of an etymological survey of the development of the word Satan, at least as it came into being along the lines the writer considered in context of an astrological perspective. Again, as indicated this is a philosophical note, couched in a semi-factual etymological survey. None of what I've seen seriously takes into consideration whether such an entity exist. Observe the following.

Not one of the posts gave any mention at all to the idea there is a non-material reality. The posts are soulless in the sense they give no regard to anything other than what men think of their experience in a material frame. On being driven to consider these same individuals will be forced to deal with material that indicates there is a non-material reality wherein conscious intelligences employing inestimable powers to interact with mankind. Not one post that decries the idea of Satan's existence being a viable possibility ventures to attempt to deal in an area where what's known of immaterial beings has confronted mankind. In that regard they are naked and bankrupt. There are the flowery scholarly philosophical declarations of Satan being no more than an idea, a tool created in some folks minds to capitalize on other's ignorance. I challenge these individuals to consider, first, whether there is a non-material reality and, second, whether there are entities therein who interact with mankind. The first exercise in this regard has to do with a situation I happened to have had contact with the principle investigator, the case of Carlotta Moran. This incident occured in Los Angeles, it was memoralized in a book and film entitled The Entity. This is a true story. I'll not say what it involved, I'm bringing it up challenging those who read this post to rent the video or survey material on the web that records this woman's experience. I refer to The Entity as one among a multitude of other things to point to of incidents indicating there is a spiritual or extra dimensional reality. Two others, although each was dramatized, The Exorcist and the Amityville Horror were true stories. The Exorcist incident involved a young boy, the movie had aspects that didn't happen, however what did happen was as astonishing as the fantasy that was featured in the film. And, while The Amityville Horror was not a notable film, indeed the Lutz family, after having moved into a newly purchased home, moved out in 28 days.

In concluding at this point, my good friends, you may joke or philosophize, however I promise by the time this is finished you will acknowledge there is a non-material reality. I have given a few references for you to take a peek at, let's see what you do with them. Keep in mind I have not said Satan was a reality, I perceive there is an entity of this kind. My purpose at this point is to eliminate the sneering statements indicating it's not possible such an entity exists. The material you review, if you take the time, will be challenging to any claim no spiritual or extra-dimensional reality exists. Once crossing the bounds to admitting such a realm exists then you have to ask yourself, of what is known of this reality, have you sold yourself short on the possibilities it represents. I'll be looking and commenting on your posts, checking to see if you've looked at the material and working with you to synthesize the information. As indicated, I have some very interesting things to share concerning the Carlotta Moran Entity case, what was involved in that situation had nothing to do with the planets or people slowly coming to develop the idea an evil entity like Satan existed or found it convenient to create the idea. No, we're talking reality here folks, no jokes or stupid ideas to ridicule. I have spoken, let's see how you deal with my challenge.

hmm....

I would probably become definsive for who are they to judge me in such a way? What gives them the right to tell me such a thing as "the devil is in you". For them to tell me such a thing must mean he's been in them too, in my opinion, for how else would they be able to recognize it? So I would probably reply that "I must not be alone for you to know." & I also say that my judgement is in the eye of the beholder so who are you to claim such a high position & giving me such a verdict. Beacuse i feel like you can't judge someone in that way unless you've been down that road before. But then again, I would also have to do some soul searchin,b/c if I new someone thought about me like that,especially someone close to me, it would erk me to death! that's my thoughts on this one! nice ?! Very thought provoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back