Black Spirituality Religion : Satan Dwells Within You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
If your friend says,

"You've got the devil in you,"

or worse yet,

"Satan dwells within you."

What would be your initial response?

The reason I say "worse yet," is because it sounds worse to me!.

1. Would you get defensive?
2. Would you search yourself?
3. Would you say how dare you imply such a thing!?

What would you do / say?

Please don't feel obligated to pick one of the three above.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Good one, Destee!

It's a great topic.

Let me add a couple of realities to the mix...

1. Satan (the devil) can't dwell IN one who has already given their lives over to Jesus Christ. That is an impossibility.

2. The devil CAN DECIEVE those who are in Christ by manipulation, or blindness to his tactics and workings.

3. People often are wrong about an individual's spiritual makeup because they go by what they see, without knowing or understanding a person's heart.

The proof is a person's fruit (Galatians, chapter 5). If they are bearing spiritual fruit, rather than fleshly fruit, the devil can't exist.

Try the spirit by the spirit.

Mike Ramey

First of all, judging from my friends, if they said such a thing, we'd
both end up laughing.

Seriously, I'd probably express that I was sorry that they felt I
was demon possessed and that maybe I'm not representing
Jesus like I should. Then I would remind them that we are all born
in sin and shapen in iniquity and that no one is better than the other...

And when I finally get my alone time with Jesus, I'd pray that He
cleanse me, shine through me, go before me, and reveal Himself
in me to bless another.

-7:spinstar:

first of all satan is s personification of that which is evil or wicked. we have restricted satan to a carnal form becasue as humans that is how logically we explain that which we are not fully able to understand. satan is a compilation of all that which is evil and contray to good. i ask how do we limited evil to the entity SATAN?man has deemed satan to be a person or a fallen angel because the truth is that we could never really graps the concept of evil and all that it entails.... yes, i think evil lives in us ( mark 7: 15 ). Also, is not God the creator of all things and if he who created good also created evil ? He did create us in His likeness we are a living soul, therefore would we not genetically speaking have characteristics of the Father. i don't think is bad to say evil is in us..... but it is bad when we don't not understand God's power in us and that He is able to rebuke evil ( rebuke means to keep down or turn away / back ) i believe God is all that He created and God is in control of all ...... it is imparitive that we understand the part we play in the wonders of God so, we have to seek Him diligently. we give evil or satan to much territorial wise. the more we speak of evil works the more ground he will cover in our lives and some point we are held accountable for choices we make that invokes evil and all the consequences tha follow..... and if we begin to choice differently then i feel the reflection of evil will dissapate into thin air..... also, evil can lie dormant in us and some evil is more easily agitated in us by evil spirits in individual around us ....... choose wisely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back