Black Spirituality Religion : Satan Dwells Within You.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    If your friend says,

"You've got the devil in you,"

or worse yet,

"Satan dwells within you."

What would be your initial response?

The reason I say "worse yet," is because it sounds worse to me!.

1. Would you get defensive?
    2. Would you search yourself?
    3. Would you say how dare you imply such a thing!?

What would you do / say?

Please don't feel obligated to pick one of the three above.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kebah

Kebah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Work
    Ratings:
    +1
    Neither of the three would apply to ME due to it not being true. Those choices you gave could mean the accusation could have some basis for utterance.

I'd simply say, "that's your opinion", or "what gives YOU that impression?" But most likely I'd lean more to my first choice, then walk away.

kebah

3. Mike Ramey

Mike Ramey Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Good one, Destee!

It's a great topic.

Let me add a couple of realities to the mix...

1. Satan (the devil) can't dwell IN one who has already given their lives over to Jesus Christ. That is an impossibility.

2. The devil CAN DECIEVE those who are in Christ by manipulation, or blindness to his tactics and workings.

3. People often are wrong about an individual's spiritual makeup because they go by what they see, without knowing or understanding a person's heart.

The proof is a person's fruit (Galatians, chapter 5). If they are bearing spiritual fruit, rather than fleshly fruit, the devil can't exist.

Try the spirit by the spirit.

Mike Ramey

4. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    First of all, judging from my friends, if they said such a thing, we'd
    both end up laughing.

Seriously, I'd probably express that I was sorry that they felt I
    was demon possessed and that maybe I'm not representing
    Jesus like I should. Then I would remind them that we are all born
    in sin and shapen in iniquity and that no one is better than the other...

And when I finally get my alone time with Jesus, I'd pray that He
    cleanse me, shine through me, go before me, and reveal Himself
    in me to bless another.

-7:spinstar:

5. herlove

herlove Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    first of all satan is s personification of that which is evil or wicked. we have restricted satan to a carnal form becasue as humans that is how logically we explain that which we are not fully able to understand. satan is a compilation of all that which is evil and contray to good. i ask how do we limited evil to the entity SATAN?man has deemed satan to be a person or a fallen angel because the truth is that we could never really graps the concept of evil and all that it entails.... yes, i think evil lives in us ( mark 7: 15 ). Also, is not God the creator of all things and if he who created good also created evil ? He did create us in His likeness we are a living soul, therefore would we not genetically speaking have characteristics of the Father. i don't think is bad to say evil is in us..... but it is bad when we don't not understand God's power in us and that He is able to rebuke evil ( rebuke means to keep down or turn away / back ) i believe God is all that He created and God is in control of all ...... it is imparitive that we understand the part we play in the wonders of God so, we have to seek Him diligently. we give evil or satan to much territorial wise. the more we speak of evil works the more ground he will cover in our lives and some point we are held accountable for choices we make that invokes evil and all the consequences tha follow..... and if we begin to choice differently then i feel the reflection of evil will dissapate into thin air..... also, evil can lie dormant in us and some evil is more easily agitated in us by evil spirits in individual around us ....... choose wisely

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you all for responding. I had been talking to a friend and I was surprised that I thought I'd take offense if they told me I had the devil in me ... that was our discussion, what if one told the other ... I imagined that I'd question our friendship and wonder how they could say such a thing to a God fearing person such as myself ... :) ... I was certain that I would have taken offense much quicker than I would search myself and pray ... that, in and of itself, concerned me as i realized it.

Was wondering what yall thought, thanks.

HerLove ... your words hit the nail on the head (for me). I went and got it ...
    It's not about a devil coming (being) in me ... it's what comes out ... :)

Mike Ramey ... Thanks for contributing, your response has inspired another topic for me ... I'll post it soon. :heart:

WildFlower ... seeeeee ... i was think'n i'd do what you'd do ... till i thunk on it ... :)

Kemetstry ... we haven't had a good fight in a long time ... you gett'n old??? :lol:

Kebah ... i would have done something similar ... quickly dismissing the opinion ... thanks for sharing your thoughts

thanks alla yall

Destee

7. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Destee's query...

Destee:

It is said that God lives in the brain and the Devil lives in the tongue...

:read:

8. jusme

jusme Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree with that person simply cuz there are times when I think or say things I'd really rather not say or think or do for that matter. I learned that the Devils make suggestions to us in our minds, but we can refuse, which is indeed harder than just accepting that invite.

9. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    i would probably look within myself...unless it was to outlandish...i would see what i did wrong....or said wrong...i would check my actions...ya feel me?
    -story

10. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is interesting..

I don believe in an actual devil. However, I do believe in evil. The devil is a christian concept, of which I am not. Although, I do feel that we can create our own devils within us if we are not aligned to our creator. In which ever aspect one subscribes to.

Peace and Brightest Blessings

Shadow Walker