Black People : SARS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NNQueen, Apr 24, 2003.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Given the latest reports about SARS, we should keep ourselves informed to minimize our risk of exposure and contracting this dangerous virus. Toronto is not that far from many of us so I hope everyone is careful and tries to protect yourselves as much as possible.

I'm wondering where this virus strain came from and the timing seems extremely suspicious. Why is it so resistant to traditional antibiotics? I hope this isn't something that was cooked up in a laboratory.

You don't think this could have been deliberately planted in China on purpose do you?

With so much hype lately by the Bush administration, it's hard to know what to believe anymore.

What do you think?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/factsheet.htm

2. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hey Queen

Thanks for the link. So you think SARS might be the end product of a diabolical scheme by some faction group or regime? Why do you think the timing of SARS seems extremely suspicious?

SARS and the widespread of this disease is disturbing somewhat and if it's not "man-made", the question I raise is ... was it lying dormant waiting for just the right activator or is it the result of cell or germ mutation...an act of "mother nature" perhaps? The powers in this universe are amazing to me and the origination can some from any source, seen or unseen.

It's probably too early to link SARS with a government of some sort, but...in today's society...we really can't rule that out :)

3. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hey ZG,

Thanks for responding. I agree with your viewpoint. It's true we don't know where this disease stems from so we aren't in a position to point the finger in any direction right now.

We just seem to be inundated with so much negative reporting these days, it can become overwhelming when information, and so much of it is negative, comes so closely together.

You raise very interesting questions about the disease, though. Could this be an act of nature and humans are evolving to the next level? Hmmmmm....

4. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Uh-oh ...

I can see the thought processes for your "hmmmmm" firing now LOL!

It was once said that we really need to take breaks or "time-outs" every once in a while from the news. When we go on vacations...we need to use that time to get away from news also. We have so much information available to us now, that it can overload our senses if we let it.

Now back to your "hmmmmm" :)

5. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    My question is--if this were an act of nature--funny how it just sprang up in one centralized location and seems to be "targeting" a specific group/race. I think SARS is the new AIDS--this is just another mechanism to thin the herd, so to speak.
    In this age of chemical and biological weaponry--what better way to immobilize an enemy without suffering casualties? By introducing an agent that has no taste, smell, color-etc. Also you want to control your virus so you make it communicable--(spread through close contact) so it doesn't spread recklessly and just kill randomly.
    I agree that since it's so new-no conclusions can be drawn yet but I firmly believe that AIDS was man-made and I suspect that SARS is too.

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Now that's what I'm suspecting too, scorp.

"I can see the thought processes for your "hmmmmm" firing now LOL!" ... girl I ain't as quick to figure things out like when I was your age, so you know it takes a sista a while to think on some thangs...*lol*

:)

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Oops...I misread who wrote me this message the first time...

"I can see the thought processes for your "hmmmmm" firing now LOL!" ZG, Scorp (monetg) knows me well, for at least 2-3 years or so, so I would have expected her to say something like this and thought she had, but I was reading so fast I overlooked that it was you who had written that comment. Now I see you know me well too!!! *LOL* Sorry about the mix-up... :)

Question for Keme: Is it true that these types of viruses (SARS) can be cooked in a lab? There's always been speculation that AIDS was. I've also heard that virus strains can mutate and become stronger and more resistent to the current forms of antibiotics that we take to fight them off. In your opinion, could this be true?

RBG...deep. Also let's be reminded of the experiments that were conducted on humans during the Holocaust.

See, this is what I find interesting. The U.S. can twist things so that it can use whatever it wants to its advantage. For example, the missiles and weapons our government sanctions for its purposes are referred to "Anti-War Missiles." If a country we don't like has those same or similar weapons, they're called "Weapons of Mass Destruction." For the U.S. purposes, they call it "bio-warfare"; for other countries it's "bio-terrorism."

8. CrunchyStuff

CrunchyStuff Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    What is tripping me out. Is I watched CNN and read a couple of web news reports that there were 106 SARS cases in America with 6 deaths. Then the next thing I know we were down to zero, and now they are listed as "suspected sars" cases.

I am very close to Toronto and my girlfriend called yesterday to tell me that we have the first confirmed case in Albany, New York. She had called me last week to tell me about a teacher who during this spring break [kids out of school] went on vacation to Toronto and is now in a buffalo hospital. Officials are hopeful that since it was spring break and he never had a chance to make it back to school, that they have contained it.

In my area, you can make it to Toronto and back between 6 am and 12 pm. I have been reluctant to start homeschooling again, now that some of my kids are teenagers, they get on my nerves, I do not enjoy the idea of having to reason with them, so we can get the work done.

But it may be that SARS will force me to homeschool again.

9. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    NNQ:You don't think this could have been deliberately planted in China on purpose do you?

P: I do. Good topic

10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Prometheus, the larger question for me is, whether it was true or not, is the U.S. capable of doing something like that? So even IF the U.S. is not responsible for SARS, the fact that we THINK that it could have been is an equally serious issue in my opinion. We all know that you can't believe everything that's reported in the media. Americans may be thought of as insensitive and rude but we're not stupid. So even if the media steers clear of mentioning anything about the possibility that germ-warfare is at play and never that the U.S. had anything to do with it, I think that some of us will always question whether that's the truth. Another question is whether Bush and his spin doctors are sophisticated enough to stay ahead of this growing speculation about the "real" reasons behind what's happening in the world today. This isn't something that was just cooked up when this administration took office. I think the Repubs had this new world order mapped out probably as far back as when Nixon was in the White House, (remember when he went to China?) if not before. It got temporarily interrupted each time a Dem took office but I think what's happening and what we're now witnessing is part of a huge plan and it doesn't just include the U.S. For a country to increase its power and control, you have to be feared. Why do we have such a HUGE deficit? How are our tax dollars really being spent? When all these new-age weapons are being invented, especially chemicals, they're not meant to kill rats, they are meant to kill humans. Tests might start with rats and other animals but I think testing graduates to the level of humans as well....As RBG pointed out earlier.

When pharmaceutical drugs are invented, they are almost always tested outside the U.S. first. Probably on people in 3rd and 4th world countries although they claim tests are conducted in Europe. Some of these tests are 20 years old before the FDA approves them for consumption in the U.S. We know that because that's what is REPORTED. But what we don't hear about are those OTHER chemicals that are being tested for OTHER reasons.

We are so focused on our own little piece of the world...our own struggle for just a "piece of the American dream", that we don't usually consider the BIG picture. The U.S. is accustomed to taking the fight to other countries which makes it here on the nightly news...but it feels like it doesn't affect us. BUT, this war is different. As much as the media might try to portray the U.S. as the HERO of this war, to a person who is enlightened, we see a whole different story playing out before our eyes. I want to know what is happening to the Black brother who was in the military and got arrested for killing soldiers in his unit because he disagreed with the U.S. and the war. They keep the so-called "heroes" of this war in your face hoping you will forget about the brother. Maybe now we see what Malcolm X meant when he said that the "chickens are coming home to roost."

If I rambled, I apologize.