Black History : Sarah Breedlove a.ka. Madam CJ Walker

daroc said:
james r u being serious?
as a ham sandwich!

would you honor the crack dealer?
black people straightening their hair is seriously damaging psychologically.
(think M. Jackson)
why do we honor anyone who promotes that?
wrong is wrong.

why do we honor Jack Johnson who only dated white women?

what we are saying is it doesn't matter how dysfunctional you are as long as you can make some money.
i do not subscribe to that type of value system.
i do not honor people who aid in our disease.

jamesfrmphilly said:
why do we honor Jack Johnson who only dated white women?

We don't honor Jack Johnson for dating white women, actually his antics kept black men from challenging for the heavyweight title for almost 20 years. However what he did accomplish was beating the s*** out of racist ******** who felt they were mentally & physically superior to black people! That did bring black people a sense of pride, and it forever challenged notions that blacks were physically inferior to whites. BTW...Joe Louis dated white women too! The same as we don't honor Martin Luther King as a womanizer or Malcolm X as a street hustler & pimp! All of our historical leaders had some faults, but this doesn't negate the positives they've done!

hair products verses crack?

Please tell me you're an unemployed comedian? Better yet, how about debating the subject based on it's merits instead of those not so catchy oneliners you are fond of employing. If you have a problem with the concept of straightening hair then just say so, but don't knock a woman because she is enterprising enough to profit off of it.

With that said, I'm wondering if your issue is really hair or the fact that this enterprising, successful, beautiful black woman achieved something that you could only dream on achieving. C.J. Walker's story is MUST reading for not only young African American women but to all who can truly appreciate a from rags to riches story.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back