Black Entertainment : Samuel L. Jackson Says Rappers Shouldn't Act???

DAMVA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 15, 2002
Ya'll may have heard a few days back Samuel L. Jackson dissing rappers who earn leading roles in films. Jackson thinks this is taking away from those who have received special training to act. Since his comments, some have chided him because he's been in films with rappers -- in fact, he'll be in the upcoming film "XXX" with Eve. Jackson points out that the rappers he's been in films with have not had leading roles. (Eve's, who's currently on the charts with Gangsta Lovin' featuring Alicia Keys, has a supporting role in "XXX"). So, what do ya'll think about rappers acting? Hey, what if a bunch of actors decided they would start taking rapping seriously -- do you think the rappers would be so kind to them?

http://www.geocities.com/eve_ryders2000

Eve's New CD EVE-OLUTION drops AUGUST 27

"XXX" starring, Vin Diesel & Samuel Jackson & f/Eve, opens in theaters Aug. 9 2002

"Barbershop" starring Eve, Ice Cube and Cedric The Entertainer, opens in theaters this fall

no rappers wouldn't coz they know their **** and actors don't
as well as rappers doing movies now hell some can't act
i've seen so bad spots played out by rappers but yet we have
some who can work da stagg and the screen ICE CUBE for one
but master P need to sit his *** down!!

To a certain extent, I agree with Samuel. Too many rappers AND singers are given the unauditioned for parts over those who've been working hard at their craft. Only to have these big name rappers get the roles. That's not right.

Then again, if they can do it better, why not? But they must audition by the same channnels as everyone else. If not, they don't deserve the part.

kebah

DMX made a guest appearance on BET's OH DRAMA

Quote: "That's not my problem homes" :lol:

i feel that we need to be fair as much as possible

yet when it comes down to actors competing for

different roles how fair are we as individuals? :confused:

KEBAH like you never snubbed your competition before :lol:

but on the real folks if it's for you it's for you if it isn't move on ;)

:toast:

PD this may be true but really great actors should get the role
yet some big name in fame Rapper comes in and the folks go
nuts and they can't even act at all so they teach them what
they want .....it's true what's for u is for u
but some do get snubb out coz of a big name
but that's business all about da money !!!!! what makes will work

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back