Black People : Sam Bowers dies at 82

That Jones Boy

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 21, 2006
Usually I feel sad that anyone has to die and that death exists at all.
in this guys case I think I can make an exception and throw a party to celebrate this ones passing.
hope its hot where he has gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The former imperial wizard of the Mississippi Ku Klux Klan, Sam Bowers, 82, has died in prison while serving a life sentence for murder.
Bowers, who was portrayed in the movie "Mississippi Burning," suffered a heart attack at the state penitentiary in Parchman Sunday, the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger reported.
He headed the nation's most violent Klan organization believed responsible for at least 10 killings, dozens of church bombings, beatings, drive-by shootings and other violence.
He was never convicted of murder until 1998 when a jury found him guilty in the death of Vernon Dahmer Sr., who died of burns after the Klan firebombed his home near Hattiesburg in 1966.
Born into a prestigious political family, Bowers evolved from a man who leased pinball machines to a self-described "criminal lunatic," whose organization was responsible for much of the violence in Mississippi during the civil rights movement, the Clarion-Ledger said.
One of the former FBI agents who investigated Bowers said it was surprising that a seemingly mild-mannered man was such a vicious killer.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20061106-084059-7546r.htm

That Jones Boy said:
Usually I feel sad that anyone has to die and that death exists at all.
in this guys case I think I can make an exception and throw a party to celebrate this ones passing.
hope its hot where he has gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The former imperial wizard of the Mississippi Ku Klux Klan, Sam Bowers, 82, has died in prison while serving a life sentence for murder.
Bowers, who was portrayed in the movie "Mississippi Burning," suffered a heart attack at the state penitentiary in Parchman Sunday, the Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger reported.
He headed the nation's most violent Klan organization believed responsible for at least 10 killings, dozens of church bombings, beatings, drive-by shootings and other violence.
He was never convicted of murder until 1998 when a jury found him guilty in the death of Vernon Dahmer Sr., who died of burns after the Klan firebombed his home near Hattiesburg in 1966.
Born into a prestigious political family, Bowers evolved from a man who leased pinball machines to a self-described "criminal lunatic," whose organization was responsible for much of the violence in Mississippi during the civil rights movement, the Clarion-Ledger said.
One of the former FBI agents who investigated Bowers said it was surprising that a seemingly mild-mannered man was such a vicious killer.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20061106-084059-7546r.htm

Another one bites the dust...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back