Black Entertainment : Salt on the wound, film about maids now one about butlers???

Why don't you just turn the TV off?
The TV is not the problem; We spent a trillion dollars last year, yet we have no HDTV stations to present positive images to the community! When I was a child in the 60s I saw on TV, back then called the idiot box; Dr Clarke, Dr King, JFK, Einstein, Ghandi, Picasso, Malcolm X, Nina Simone, the Beatles, James Brown, Miles Davis, Odetta, Pete Seeger, Otis Redding, Nat King Cole, the Jackson Five, the Supremes, Temptations, Muhammad Ali, Bobby Seale, H Rap Brown, Angela Davis, Dr Barbara Ann Teer and the Black theater, Imamu Baraka, Pharoah Sanders, Shakespeare plays, Victor Hugo, Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Cervantes, Dumas movies and cartoons and African dance, and ......uhm....the NAACP back then got Amos and Andy off the air!

I don't know how this would be pouring salt on wounds...especially if this is a "true" (i'm sure loosely based) story...I mean our people were servants, maids, slaves and all that...what would you rather see instead?

You are speaking to deaf ears.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back