Black People : Salmonella Outbreak-Eating Meat

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    http://news.yahoo.com/calif-death-76-illnesses-linked-ground-turkey-225520331.html

Amerikkka is scrambling to find the source of a salmonella outbreak likely linked to ground turkey that has killed one and sickened dozens more.

One Californian has died and 76 people have fallen ill from a drug-resistant strain of salmonella that appears to be linked to eating ground turkey, according to federal officials.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that Salmonella Heidelberg is resistant to numerous commonly prescribed antibiotics and is often difficult to treat. The cases of people falling ill –- which date to at least March 9 –- have been reported by local and state health department authorities in 26 states.

Earlier this week, CDC officials reported that 22 people nationwide have been hospitalized. Those infected range in age from an infant younger than 1 to an 88-year-old person.

So far California, Michigan, Ohio, Texas, Illinois and Pennsylvania have been among the states hardest hit by the outbreak.

Salmonella can cause fever, diarrhea and abdominal pain. It can be fatal to young children, older people and those with compromised immune systems.

What FSIS should be saying is, 'Don’t eat frozen turkey products until we know what products are safe and what aren’t.' They’re not telling the public anything that they can use to help protect themselves,”.

This marks the second time in recent months that turkey has been tied to a salmonella contamination. In April, 12 people fell ill amid a salmonella outbreak that prompted the recall of nearly 55,000 pounds of Jennie-O turkey burgers.

MA'AT

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This is why I never try any, and everything the bring out for us to eat.

3. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    this is scary...if it's not the meat it's the vegetables. Nothing is safe, I guess it's time I planted my own vegies.