Health and Wellness : Saline: This Simple, Lifesaving Liquid Is Suddenly in Short Supply

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Saline: This Simple, Lifesaving Liquid Is Suddenly in Short Supply

Robert Langreth, Cynthia Koons

Bloomberg

... Small saline-solution bags are ubiquitous in modern hospitals, cost about $1.50 each, and are the preferred method for delivering everything from painkillers and antibiotics to chemotherapy and heart drugs. The Cleveland Clinic, a top academic medical center, uses the bags to administer 350 different medicines, typical for hospitals across the country ...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/simple-lifesaving-liquid-suddenly-short-110015850.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_14

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Scary.
It appears that Americas hospitals have been suffering a shortage of not only 250ml and 500ml bags of normal saline but D5W also. Ringers is holding steady since they normally are mass produced in 1000ml bags and are more fluid replacement dynamic specific bags. Before Baxters plant in PR gets back on line various Canadian drug suppliers will have met the American hospital shortfall.

Scary indeed ...

"... It’s not just saline bags that are in short supply. Inventories are running low on 174 drugs, according to Erin Fox, director of the drug information service at University of Utah Health ..."

Last edited:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz