Black People : SAID CAM'RON ON 60 MINUTES...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by EL PAPI LEANDO, Apr 22, 2007.

1. EL PAPI LEANDO

EL PAPI LEANDO Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    that he would not tell the police on a serial killer if he lived next door. "I might move away, but I wouldn't call the police on 'em."

He cited as his reason for not informing the police, that he might lose his credibility among the gold-tooth/dred loc wearers who cheer for him at his concerts.

When asked if he would stop making records that glorified his hardcore street ethics if his record company demanded he do so, he said no record company would do that because they are making just too much money.

When asked is he was a millionaire, he said, yes, he was. When asked if he owned a Lamborghini, he said he owned more than one. With his millions, Cam'ron does not have to lay his head in the communities where young people get murdered, and people of his generation don't snitch. Such is the power of the words of these artists like Cam'ron, who tells youth not to snitch, which is about credibility so that he can maintain his Lamborghini life style. He doesn't give a **** about these young people and their lives, only his popularity. Afterall, he could be sending far more positive messages in his so-called music, but he chooses to tell young African Americans to respect crime and criminals.

This is the message HE coimmunicated tonight.

2. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
  3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    i don't know why they're making a big deal

out of this

snitch on the "wrong" people and your life could become difficult...............

in the streets

when the cops are not around

but when they hurt children

i think everybody snitches then

4. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Why is Hip-Hop slowly becoming the scapegoat for America's Social Problems?

In school you are told not to tattle-tell. I remember in school when I would tell on someone, and get clowned by the administration. After getting clowned, I stopped Tattle-telling and took it into my own hands, and got better results.

Are we going to have a national dialogue on children, like the young brother pointed out on 60 minutes, who are told not to tattle-tell?

In addition, please people do not try to say this is not the same as stop snitchin, it is exactly the same unfortuantely, not telling is not telling, this is something that is learned early on as a child and unfortuantely, is expanded in ones teen and adult years, depending upon individual's moral and spiritual makeup.

5. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    What is also interesting, is that on a federal level, you can plead the 5th, in an effort to stop snitching.

Is it me or has anyone noticed that the Bush Administration or Presdential Administrations or white collar folks never really snitch:

Here are two good examples:

Scooter Libby and Alberto Gonzales

Ken Lay, Accountants at Arthur Andseron.

Martha Stewart.

6. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Oh yea, what about Al Sharpton back in the day.

Are you serious, these people are not really trying to make me beliveing that not snitching is a product of a genre of music incepted in the 80’s.

Right, not telling on people is only 27 years old…

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    what's funny is that Camron is a snitch................

"I saw him throw up the diamond sign before I got shot"

8. EL PAPI LEANDO

EL PAPI LEANDO Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3

Brother Manasiac, is Cam'ron HipHop, or is he not?

I believe, and I quote, I said Cam'ron said these things on 60 Minutes, not HipHop Culture or Generation X.

Manasiac, I live here in a city where, yes, other communities practice the very same ethics, and those communities are White, and Junior Gotti lives next door. If someone murders someone in those communities, no one snitiches, but the killer has to see Gotti or one of his people one day, and he knows that. Because he knows that, it probably tends to deter folks from killing and committing criminal acts in those neighborhoods.

Black Neighborhoods do not operate in such a socially unified fashion. In our communities, you can kill, murder, rape, and you don't have to worry about the men in our communities handling the business of that community. We, therefore, fool none so blind as ourselves when we begin to make these comparisons which hold no substance when held up against the light. The substance being criminals don't pay, only so-called "snitches" in the Black community.

Cam"ron said he'd rather move out of the community rather than "snitch" on a serial killer. We'll we can't all just pack up and move out of a community like Cam'ron, nor should we want to, or have to. It's actually cowardly what this guy said, but y'all aint gone catch that defending him. You think Gotti's moving away from his community if he's got a serial killer next door? Right!

Bottom line is teaching children to dissociate themselves from the affairs of their community is teaching them to dissociate from caring about their own humanity. How do you watch your friend murdered on the street, and refuse to cooperate with authorities who are trying to capture his killer? Where is the love?

9. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    All I am saying is the idea of stop snitching is not Just a product of rappers, it is an component of this society.

10. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +243

This mentality doesn't surprise me at all. The American Directory of Certified Uncle Toms has this to say about people of his ilk:

"Though rooted in the heart and soul of black youth...hip hop has been commandeered and now operates from the boardrooms of white corporate America. White investment in rap music has targeted and promoted the most parasitic, criminal, and destructive elements and has insisted on the glorification of a “gangsta” behavior that Black race leaders have long tried to eradicate...

"The performers of rap who have been taken down the low road of Black gangsterism do not at first glance fit the classical mold of the Uncle Tom. They show little interest in emulating a white middle class existence or in pursuing any of the degrees of formal white education. They appear to embrace openly those characteristics which the Black middle class has long attempted to conceal. There are similarities, however:

"1. Both the “gangsta” rapper and the Uncle Tom appear to be economically independent but are, in actuality, totally subordinate to white overseers.

"2. Both are individualists who exhibit no loyalty to any Black community strategy for empowerment or enrichment.

"3. Both are entirely committed to representing and protecting those whites who pay them.

"4. Both are committed to the maintenance of a system that has made a tiny minority of them wealthy.

"5. Both downplay white supremacy as a factor in the degraded condition of Blacks as a whole and tend to blame Blacks for all their woes.

"6. And, most important, they both promote attitudes and behaviors that harm individuals of their race and lead Blacks to greater dependence on the white power structure."