African American History Culture : Sad, But True: Why Black Men Die Younger Than Everybody Else

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Sad, But True: Why Black Men Die Younger Than Everybody Else

Ravages Of Racism

... It’s a proven fact that racism, or even perceived racism, gradually and viciously wears down its victims. Men are not exclusively succumbing to racism, but we now know that it is a quiet killer. Lisa Wade, PhD, wrote a story on the dire effects of racism and proclaimed: “Directly and indirectly, racism kills.” A study by PLOS One backs this up stating that a, “unique constellation of environmental stressors and psychosocial challenges experienced by Blacks” accelerates “declines in health and generates racial disparities” ...

http://madamenoire.com/722878/black-fathers-die-younger-everybody-else/

Shutterstock

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
If we don't help & support or own Black men who will? Certainly not "the other man or woman"....All they know is to "use" "misuse" & "abuse" you & when all is said & done they "lose" you.

1. PTSD
2. Clinical stress (Internal & external influenced)
3. Hypertension
4. Senseless murder by racist uncontrollable White police
5. Death via race targeted capitol murder convictions & sentencing
6. Suicide
7. Terminal side effects or targeted symptomatic results of illegal & unethical human experimentation programs
8. Homicide related factors resulting from societal, relationship & environmental issues
9. Failure or refusal to exploit available medical services likening to admitting physical or psychiatric weaknesses
10. Reserved

Nature of the best.

Thank you for your understanding, your support and thank you for the list, mon ami. The Black man is the unknown endangered species by most.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I don't know, Bro. Clyde, that the Black man is an "unknown" endangered species. Part of me believes it is well known, particularly in the medical field and among social-psychologists. Being born Black and a male is becoming a death sentence. Losing our men to deadly diseases brought on by oppression is having a negative and unhealthy impact on Black women as well. Living in a dominating white culture was unhealthy for us from the very beginning and we knew it then as we know it now. When our men suffer, Black women suffer. Our whole family suffers. Black men and Black women need to brace each other up more--love each other more. We need to be each others "rock" and water. Stand strong when we need to and cut through the BS and waste the enemy when we need to. We need to look deeper into each other and not be entrapped by surface features that fade with time. The weave, the swag, the shallow feelings and reckless behavior--we need to end it because it's like a slow walk to the death chamber if we don't.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I don't know, Bro. Clyde, that the Black man is an "unknown" endangered species. Part of me believes it is well known, particularly in the medical field and among social-psychologists. Being born Black and a male is becoming a death sentence. Losing our men to deadly diseases brought on by oppression is having a negative and unhealthy impact on Black women as well. Living in a dominating white culture was unhealthy for us from the very beginning and we knew it then as we know it now. When our men suffer, Black women suffer. Our whole family suffers. Black men and Black women need to brace each other up more--love each other more. We need to be each others "rock" and water. Stand strong when we need to and cut through the BS and waste the enemy when we need to. We need to look deeper into each other and not be entrapped by surface features that fade with time. The weave, the swag, the shallow feelings and reckless behavior--we need to end it because it's like a slow walk to the death chamber if we don't.

Unlike yourself and a few others, it is certainly unknown Sis. NNQueen to those that do not know or to those that have not connected the dots of peppered racism with the early death, repeat early death of Black men over all others.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

African Americans far more likely to be arrested, searched and cited by law enforcement, according to local anecdotal survey

Black men and women are far more likely to be arrested, searched, ticketed and cited by Douglas County law enforcement than white men and women, according to results from a recent survey.

In January, Lawrence's NAACP chapter and the American Civil Liberties Union of Kansas distributed an anonymous survey asking Douglas County residents to detail their experiences with local law enforcement, good or bad ...

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/oct/21/survey-shows-african-americans-far-more-likely-be-/

Journal-World File Photo. Enlarge photo

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

ACLU lawyer: Police misconduct rooted in U.S. history, public policy
ACLU of Tennessee hosts Jeff Robinson, launches police accountability campaign

Police enforcement of public policy and the prevailing social order have played a key role in recent shooting deaths and other misconduct in U.S. communities of color, a national legal expert with the American Civil Liberties Union said Saturday ...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/10/22/aclu-lawyer-police-misconduct-rooted-us-history-public-policy/92496764/

(Photo: Getahn Ward/The Tennessean)

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: