Black Spirituality Religion : Sacrificing Momma in the "Dark Land"

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Sep 12, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I don't know how true this is, but I keep coming across this concept, so I am asking yah'll from your knowledge, is this true

"When the mother of old passed child bearing age, she would often voluntarily give herself up to death to preserve herself from the ravages of old age, which would pos a tacit ontological threat to the bloodline. In death, she would be solemnly eaten by members of the lineage and thus re-united with it, so that the group as a whole could be fortified by the preserving of her blood within it. This was the original eurachrist.: the mother surrendering her body and blood in a sacred meal that her lineage might be renewed and preserved by her sacrafice.

That this actually happened seems to be indicated from the pyramid texts in which Unas is said to feast off the bodies of his mothers......" Charles Finch from Echoes of the Old Darkland

Did our early ancestors practice a mother sacrafice? And if so what was the reason?

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

UT OH!!!!!

WELL LET ME SAY THIS, THERE A PRIESTESS I KNOW WHO LIVES IN OHIO BUT LIVE UP IN PHILLY. NOW PEEP THIS, WE WAS AT A LITTLE GATHERING AND SHE WAS DROPPING JEWELS AND HELPING US ON OUR PATHS WHEN SHE SAID THAT IF SHE DIDNT GET SEX A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIMES A WEEK THAT SHE WOULD DIE. WHEN I FIRST HEARD THIS I LAUGH SO HARD I WAS CRYING AS SHE WAS IN HER EARLY 50'S. FAST FORWARD A COUPLE YEARS LATER AND I UNDERSTOOD WHAT SHE MEANT.

IN ONE OF THE DOGON MYTHS, ONE OF THE NOMMO IS SACRIFICES AND IS EATEN AND THEN REAPPEAR. IT SHOW THE CONCEPT THAT YOU NEVER DIE IN ESSENCE.

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Tyab14, and then you have Sistahs that say if you don't eat them they will kill you. Bad joke.

I've seen references to that as well Bro. TY, when we were discussing the "prostitution of power" I think we also went into the Christian communion ritual which is really to the female and more importantly the Black Mother, this is my blood, this is my flesh. "Do this in remembrance of me."

Baba Mutwa mentions this tradition is still current in many villages in Africa, but it's very secret. Eating the flesh of a deceased Elder Sangoma for example is for the transfer of his power to be reanimated within your body.

Sounds disgusting right?

Then why eat meat? The same transfer takes place when we eat any type of meat. Truth be told we don't eat free roaming animals, we eat animals that are born into captivity and slavery. Is there a connection there?

So to the Brothas I say-- find the most powerful Women you can- and do what you know best.

Meta- Chef of melaninated arts.

4. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Thanks yah'll for the information, I got an idea of what I was wondering about now.

And I didn't know Charles Finch is a Voudon priest, interesting.