Black Spirituality Religion : Sacred Texts from Almost Every Religion - On Line And Free

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Jul 29, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
  2. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    River, thanks alot. That site has an incredible amount of info.

Peace

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The irony is, I used to own a good 90% of the books in hard copy form on my shelf, and I had read them all.

Unfortunately, all of them literally became ashes. :(

PEACE

4. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Well now you can replenish your library and then some.

You can either purchase the CD or download the site for free.

5. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    "The fish trap exists because of the fish; once you've gotten the fish, you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit; once you've gotten the rabbit you can forget the snare. Words exist because of the meaning; once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can have a word with him?"__ Chuang Tzu

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This cat is dee. You rule Brotha Sun Ship!

Though for the sake of discussing these things with others if you're going to insist that others have sources then you need to make sure your game is tight also. Knowamsane?

7. Sun Ship

Ratings:
    +39
    When I think river...I think of a source...

Blessed Sister river, At some point we have to view ourselves as sources…we are the Buddha’s, the Taoist teachers, ascetics who wondered and wandered through the desolate places, the shamans and if necessary the scribes. For all things move in cycles. What has happened through the concept of religion is that the writings have taken on an inflexible literal meaning and a tendency to induce linear thinking or dogmatism. But even as I speak of written sources, I believe it’s in the Apocrypha that the scribe says something like “writing was a lower invention given by one of the fallen angels, for at one time the power of a man’s words was sufficient”.

Remember, many times we are quoting sacred text that are the remembered and written replications of the articulations and thoughts of sages and ascended teachers who learned and taught from the school of oral tradition…oral traditions that are much older than the text themselves. These ancient sages were spiritually sensitive to nature, heaven and the usually misunderstood unseen world, and then they taught what they observed.

Some knowledge is passed down almost literally and much greater knowledge is the passing of the true meaning or invoking power of the words. And then there is the intrinsic relationship with the invoking power that invents the sounds and words to direct spiritual energy.

The philosophical “love of wisdom” and applicable knowledge that should govern the flow of life, natural forces and enhance a people’s nature while inventing a progressive socio-cultural environment have over time become distorted, academically stymied and have many times become detached. We are sometimes afraid to readdress the heavens and study nature, our inner mind and visions for answers, for we feel we will offend the sacred writings of deceased men. Don’t get me wrong… books and words are definitely full of meaning and symbology worth deciphering, but as you see in this forum, so many times we get caught in the abstractions and weightiness of knowledge and sometimes the overly sanctimonious acknowledgement of the ancient written sources.

Spirituality and metaphysics (the different realms supposedly being directed to by the books) should have a tangible relationship to the physical world, were as with our leaning too much on textual abstractions usually truth becomes even more conceptualized and obscurely mystified.

Let’s talk about what we need based on our particular and peculiar conditions and causalities…the spirit is willing and ready to work its wonders.

Ase

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Long story short, the most sacred knowledge is almost never put in writing. However symbols and pictographs also speak to the subconcious and a various array of them were used by our ancestors to cause specific and qualitative degrees of awareness for initiates. Similar to the purpose mandalas serve.

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I feel you brother man

In fact Sam and I were discussing this some time ago. Starting with the sphere of sacred geometry we concluded that no book is the original source of its contents and by the time the original insight is conceptualized to a complexity that warrants a book it has already been adulterated by the faulty thoughts of men. The more complex the thought the further from the center of the sphere it is.

10. Sun Ship

Ratings:
    +39

Ase! Brother Sekhemu