Black People Politics : Rush Limbaugh is an Admitted Dope Addict...

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Aqil, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    This from the guy who has stated that people who abuse drugs are a waste of oxygen:

Rush Limbaugh Admits Painkiller Addiction

NEW YORK (AP) - Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh announced during his radio program Friday that he is addicted to painkillers and is checking into a rehab center to "break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me."

"You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life," Limbaugh said during a stunning admission aired nationwide. "So I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct. I am addicted to prescription pain medication."

"Immediately following this broadcast, I am checking myself into a treatment center for the next 30 days to once and for all break the hold this highly addictive medication has on me," he added.

Limbaugh gave up his job as an ESPN sports analyst Oct. 1, three days after saying on the sports network's "Sunday NFL Countdown" that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a Black quarterback succeed.

The reports of possible drug abuse surfaced at about the same time, first in the National Enquirer. The tabloid had interviewed Wilma Cline, who said she became Limbaugh's drug connection after working as his maid. She said Limbaugh had abused OxyContin and other painkillers.

Law enforcement sources who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed to The Associated Press that Limbaugh was being investigated by the Palm Beach County, Fla., state attorney's office. "At the present time, the authorities are conducting an investigation, and I have been asked to limit my public comments until this investigation is complete," Limbaugh said Friday.

Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County state attorney's office, said Friday his office could neither confirm nor deny that an investigation was under way. Limbaugh's attorney, Roy Black, did not return a message seeking comment.

Limbaugh said he started taking painkillers "some years ago" after a doctor prescribed them following a spinal surgery. His back pain stemming from the surgery persisted, so Limbaugh said he started taking pills and became hooked.

"Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do so. I have recently agreed with my physician about the next steps."

Who is a waste of oxygen now?

2. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Rush Limbaugh..he's a waste of words..so I'll simply say...Who Cares!!!

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    I overstand your personal opinion, Mahogany. However, Rush Limbaugh is a popular and highly-touted spokesman for the right-wing Republicans and Conservatives...and they are very upset at this recent revelation...

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I just want to know. Will he be tried for illegal drug /purchase sales? Will the government go after his local BLACK market connection? I doubt it. They probably flew it in. The man was buying enough drugs to fuel the entire state.

AND THEY WONDER.. HOW DRUGS GET INTO THE STREETS? OUR PEDESTAL LEADERS... AND THEIR FOLLOWERS. rush..

HOPE YOU GET BETTER. I KNOW YOU WON'T BE COHERENT SOBER.. BUT I MIGHT LIKE YOU THAT WAY. YOU MAY COME OUT OF THIS A HUMBLE AND SMARTER MAN.

Junkies on the street. Get prison time. He should be jailed. Removed from the air. He is getting amnesty. Why?

Now I understand why he spits the crap he speaks. He is always higher than a kite. You know men like him do get brave and smart when they are lit.

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    I hear you HODEE...

Rush's hypocrisy and pomposity are coming back to bite him on his pill-poppin' derrière...

"Rush Limbaugh - Talent on loan from Hillbilly Heroin...with drugs on loan from God!"

:laugh:

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I find it very convienent that his "admission" came after he made that comment regarding McNabb...and people questioned if he really was as big of a POMPOUS PRETENTIOUS BIGOT that he appears to be...then the "drug admission"??? Hmmmm...seems a little suspicious to me. I dont think the conservatives are outraged I think they are involved. Rush is an a$s-hole-I mean asset to them so...this "confession" smelled a lil rank to me.

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm with Triniti

He is a White Racist; he already got off...we all bemoan this sad sad case...Yet!
    Let that had been any Black person- we would be rank in file in denoucing them.

8. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Just some info I picked up about our Great Law Abidding White Conservatives...who just ooze with great family values and are so uprighteous...

PAT ROBERTSON: AN OPENLY ANTI-GAY, ANTI-BLACK (did you catch that racist diatribe he spewed about Morgan Freeman?) LIAR

GEORGE BUSH: Two alcohol and drug abusing daughters.
    JEB BUSH: A hopeless crackhead daughter.
    ANN COULTER: Four abortions and not one time was the father of any ofthe fetuses a whiteman; the man was either Black, Latino or Middle Eastern.
    MATT DRUDGE:Been sued and fined for using his show to make innuendos about the sex life of actor Tom
    Cruise. Drudge was warned that he bet not ever do it again. But the word is in the conservative circles that DRUDGE IS THE HOMO!!! Whitefolk are going to sympathize with
    each other.

THE QUESTION POSED WAS SHOULD BLACKS SYMPATHIZE WITH RUSH "THE HILLBILLY CRACKHEAD" LIMBAUGH---
    NO! I want him in jail with all the drug users...he said that they were the scum of the earth, are a waste of air, and should be locked up---Maybe he was just reflecting?

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    It was said.. let the judge read back some of his lines.. to him and say. You have been judged, fairly by your own condemnation.

10. eh leedham

eh leedham Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh this kind of stuff makes me so angry!! How do we let these evil fascists get into power? How does freedom of speech allow people to make threatening, stupid or deliberately antagonistic comments like this? If I had any power I would throw all these racist, sexist, fascist bastards in a cell, feed 'em all LSD by the bucket until they
    a) realise that there are other perspectives than their own
    b) realise that they are evil and need to respect others c) die.

As a pacifist I would love not feeling like blowing their brains out with a shotgun.

If anyone has any tips on how to change these people/ their social ideas/ put them in prison I'd be forever greatfull!
    PS: I'm white so I could infiltrate fascist groups undercover, but then I need a plan. Please help!! :toast: :heart: I have a dream. Please e-mail me : [email protected] with any suggestions!