Black People : Running in Circles

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
I'm at a point in my life where a lot of my views towards this world often shift and can never truly find solid ground, a foundation to settle upon. There's always new experiences, new people, new realms I'm exploring that delightfully open my eyes, and sometimes, unfortunately, close my heart. But in any case, I try to keep my perception fair.

With all of this I take on, I start seeing some of the problems the black community has in a different light, or rather, a different shadow. I start seeing the troubles we've cast upon ourselves as not easily overcome, but definitely possible to be overcome if more people just tried and didn't fall back on the same ole excuses and reasoning. I can no longer deny that effort is truly lacking and is a major cause in why there's been little progress within our communities and even regression, in certain cases.

It feels like for the longest, tho I'm young, many have been running in circles not actually wanting to rise above but instead sit comfortably in what they've become accustomed to. I feel as if we don't push each other enough to do better that we may achieve better, but allow some within the community to brainwash others into this "we have to wait for our time" mentality. They teach falsehoods and defeat, and instead of shaming them for doing so, we follow suit and allow our minds to fall into this fog of untruth and deceptions.

I know my thoughts on these issues are not common among others in the black community, but my concern is that it becomes common enough that change comes about for the future generations and that it grows so much the enabling behavior that's become usual will eventually die out as a result.

Just my thoughts.

I'm at a point in my life where a lot of my views towards this world often shift and can never truly find solid ground, a foundation to settle upon. There's always new experiences, new people, new realms I'm exploring that delightfully open my eyes, and sometimes, unfortunately, close my heart. But in any case, I try to keep my perception fair.

With all of this I take on, I start seeing some of the problems the black community has in a different light, or rather, a different shadow. I start seeing the troubles we've cast upon ourselves as not easily overcome, but definitely possible to be overcome if more people just tried and didn't fall back on the same ole excuses and reasoning. I can no longer deny that effort is truly lacking and is a major cause in why there's been little progress within our communities and even regression, in certain cases.

It feels like for the longest, tho I'm young, many have been running in circles not actually wanting to rise above but instead sit comfortably in what they've become accustomed to. I feel as if we don't push each other enough to do better that we may achieve better, but allow some within the community to brainwash others into this "we have to wait for our time" mentality. They teach falsehoods and defeat, and instead of shaming them for doing so, we follow suit and allow our minds to fall into this fog of untruth and deceptions.

I know my thoughts on these issues are not common among others in the black community, but my concern is that it becomes common enough that change comes about for the future generations and that it grows so much the enabling behavior that's become usual will eventually die out as a result.

Just my thoughts.
for hundreds of years those black people who were more aggressive where systematically KILLED.
think about it.

worst enemies.jpg

But yet they still overcame for the betterment of their future generations, for people like myself. There's no excuse to stop putting in work. It's really selfish not to, honestly.
my point was when you kill all the aggressive ones you set a lasting example for the rest.
black people are oppressed and colonized. you can't ask why oppressed people act like oppressed people.
people don't 'work' because they are oppressed. they have no hope.

neely-fuller.jpg

my point was when you kill all the aggressive ones you set a lasting example for the rest.
black people are oppressed and colonized. you can't ask why oppressed people act like oppressed people.
people don't 'work' because they are oppressed. they have no hope.

I perfectly understand that point. My point is that it's not an excuse because even with the lives lost the generations before my own gained what seemed beyond impossible at the time; dying while standing against injustice was preferable to living and knowing their generations would go on without an equal share in a country they helped build up.

Where's the fight in our community? The drive? There's no excuse to be hopeless when those before you dealt with harsher and heavier realities.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back