Black Spirituality Religion : Rules and Regulations for the Weak?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Dual Karnayn, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I was cracking atoms with a brutha earlier today and he told me something that has stuck with me since.

He basically told me....and sincerely believed....that rules, laws, and regulations were designed for weak people.
    He said because some people couldn't hold their own in life and protect themselves, society came up with rules and regulations to protect them.

Now ofcourse being somewhat of a religious and law-abiding man, I thought this to be kind of over-the-top.

But driving home and observing my environment, the more sense it started to make.

Murder, theft, assault, rape........?

Where I come from, most people who consider themselves tough don't go to the law when they are violated, they handle it on thier own almost instinctually.

If someone violates thier family, they usually handle it on thier own.

Marriage, sexual rules and customs.....?

How many people who are very sexually active, confident, and skillful in bed worry about their mates cheating or leaving them.

A man has a woman, and protects that woman, and keeps that woman no matter what she's called (wife, girlfriend, partner, ect). And he's not worried about titles.

Now my man's assertion may sound ridiculous to some, but it's still got me thinking.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I don't feel that Western laws are necessarily the most appropriate laws for humanity, but that does not mean I think humanity should be lawless.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    I want to make it clear that neither do I agree that a society should be lawless.

But the more I think about it....outside of religious purposes....it appears that many laws were made for the "weak" in mind.
    Those not able to adequately protect or fight for themselves and their families.

Another example is use of vulgar language.
    We shouldn't use strong and vulgar language because some may find it offensive.

But are some of those who find it offensive not strong enough to tolerate it?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    back to the wild west?

i think most american law is designed to prevent anyone else doing to the white man what he did to a lot of other people prior to the law being put in place.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    are some of those who do not eat pork just not strong enough to tolerate it?

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed.

Moroever, it prevents others from surpassing the white man in his self-appointed position.

7. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Rules and regulations are not for the weak,rules are definetaly needed.

However, somebody can make rules for the betterment of their people, or somebody can make rules to control their people using the mask of betterment.Then we may have a problem.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I agree with some of what you're saying here, brother, but we must be careful not to cross the line in certain aspects. I do think there is a very thin line in this situation.

I think part of the problem with these @$$-backwards laws, is that we are told to do or not to do certain things, but never why we should or should not do them.

Like your marriage example: If I can be faithful to and take care of a woman, what then is the actual purpose of entering into this legal contract--one that can just as easily be broken?

PEACE

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    James

I don't know your intent for asking that question, but it's a d*mn good question!

Muslims were instructed not to eat pork by the Koran, and THAT'S the primary reason we don't eat it.
    It said nothing about worms, high-blood pressure, or any other medical reasons.

There are those who have a strong tough immune system and body contitution who can eat pork and may never suffer any ill effects from it.

They were stronger and could take it better than the average person who couldn't.

Some people are built so strong they can drink ans smoke for decades and never suffer any ill effects, others get stomach, lung, and liver cancer after only 20 years of it.

Samurai

Well one of the things that struck me about what the brother said was that we know in nature...where there are few contructed laws....

ONLY the strongest survive.

The trees and animals don't have laws protecting themselves from eachother.
    Take "chance" out of the equation and only those who are the strongest and most clever manage to survive and do well.

Whoever is strongest to take and store the most food....do it.
    No such thing as theft.

Whoever is challenged or violated kills or seriously injures their aggressor....game over.

Whoever is the most attractive gets the most sexual opportunities....no rules or guidelines.

Concerning marriage........

I personally would support a legal contracted marriage even if religion didn't call for it.
    Simply for the sake of the children.

But that seems not to matter to most people now-a-days.

But if I'm one of the best, strongest, most attractive men available....then I wouldn't need a contract to make sure my woman and other women stick with me.
    I'm guranteed plenty of game, so I really wouldn't need rules to keep my woman with me.

If another man threatened to take her, I wouldn't have to charge them with adultery....I'd just threaten to kill him.....which most men would do anyway....and that usually solves the problem.

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Very true.

Most modern laws today are not input for the sake of the people but to only keep certain people (us) in check.

True,lately millions of trees and animals have seen their demise at the hand of man.The capitalist structure of t today only provides for people with money, some laws (and soical systems)are made to keep people without money away from theirs.