destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Descriptive titles are the best titles, so I want them here ... :)

A descriptive title helps everyone know what the topic of the thread is about, what is inside, before even clicking.

A descriptive title helps the discussion stay focused, for the topic is at the top for all to see, right?

A descriptive title helps the community's overall well-being, demonstrating our ability to present focused and succinct information, among other things.

The following titles are not descriptive titles, they tell us nothing about the content of the thread, and are no longer allowed :

• Have you heard about this?
  • Guess What?!
  • This makes me sick!
  • They did it again!
  • Help!
  • Did you see this?
We have a new rule / policy ... effective immediately ... DESCRIPTIVE TITLES ARE REQUIRED ... as the pros far outweigh the cons.

At this point, I do not see this new policy having the consequence of getting you warned, suspended or banned.

What we will do though, is change the title of your thread, if we deem it necessary.

So rather than having us come up with your title ... it's better that you do it yourself ... in a clear, concise manner ... :D

If you come close to a descriptive title, we'll be happy, but the virtually "empty" titles ... should expect to be brought up to par.

This is new, so of course we're all feeling our way with it, and will learn together the best way to proceed.

If a Moderator or Administrator changes the title of your thread, an edit note (on the first post) will be displayed.

Ohhhh ... and this only applies to thread titles in the Discussion Forums, not Poetry.

Okay ... let's see how this is gonna work ... :look:

If you have any questions, concerns, etc., let us know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee some people have titles and it has nothing to do with what they are talking about in the thread...and it's almost misleading

Peace and Blessings Sister,

You're right, but that hasn't quite risen to the level of "empty" titles, requiring its own policy.

I don't foresee us, THE MODERATING TEAM, actually going in and confirming or denying that titles match the content within ... for what one person considers relative, another may not ... that's a much more difficult call to make.

But simply viewing the titles that say nothing, well ... we aint even gotta click to see that ... for the title speaks for itself ... saying virtually nothing ... no matter what is inside.

You feel me?

If the "bait and switch" problem you're citing grows to a level requiring its own policy, we'll do that.

In fact, this new policy may encourage those that make the kind of threads you've mentioned, do better in the future.

Better focus in one place, automatically encourages better focus in other places, so there is hope ... :wink:

Does this help Sister?

Let me know.

Love You!

Destee

Another thing too Sister MsInterpret ... if there is only one or two people doing what you're describing, we don't want to make a rule for the whole family to be subject to ... just because one or two are out of order.

After clicking on a few threads started by a Member, one can easily anticipate what kind of dialogue and/or experience to expect.

If you don't want that, don't go to their threads.

My point is, it's easily contained if it is just one or two ... easily manageable on an individual level.

But this issue ... folk making "empty" thread titles ... has grown bigger than any one or two individuals ... many do it ... and it hurts us ... so before it gets any worse ... i thought we'd better try and nip it in the bud.

Again though ... if what you speak of becomes more regular, consistent, across the board, etc. ... we'll address it.

Thank You! :kiss:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back