Higher Standard Required : Rule #8 - You Cannot Overwhelm the Discussions (Home Page) with Your Threads!

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

New Rule : You can't overwhelm the discussions (home page) with your posts / threads.

Over the years, this has not been a problem to the degree that a rule was needed. We could generally speak to the one or two Members doing it, but it's happening more and more regularly, so I think it's time to make it official.

The following constitutes overwhelming the discussions :

• If you create more than 5 threads within close proximity to each other, or post to more than 5 of your own old threads at the same time, you'll be warned for violating this rule. Doing this overwhelms the home page, by moving other folks threads off the page unfairly and/or prematurely.
Evidence someone is overwhelming the discussions :

• I will simply scan the home page, and if you have more than 5 threads there, i'll look at how they got there ... (a) you brought all of your own threads back to the top (or created new ones) ... or ... (b) someone else posted to the thread and brought it back.
if ... (a)... you'll be warned for violating this rule

if ... (b) ... there is no violation

If someone else posts to your threads, bringing them back to the home page, that's fine. This will not be counted as you overwhelming the discussions with your threads.

It's only counted as overwhelming the discussion if you are bringing up your own old threads (or posting new ones) in great number (more than 5 at a time).

So ... for example ... let's say you have 3 threads on the home page, that you started, but someone else brought them back to the top by posting to them. You'd still be within the rules to post 5 new threads right at that moment, if you wanted to. That would give you 8 threads you stared on the home page, but only 5 of them you actually brought during that time period.

The goal of this rule is to make sure that everyone's threads get fair front page consideration and are not pushed off the page prematurely, by folk pushing their own discussions / agenda. Everyone wants their thread / discussion to be on the home page, to get front page billing, and if you dump lots of your threads one after the other, it's not fair to all the rest.

This also encourages everyone to post to other people's discussions / threads, and not just your own (as there is no chance of violating this rule when posting to threads created by others).

Basically, this rule is about sharing the prime real estate, and not hogging it for yourself.

Don't just dump threads on us, overwhelming the discussions.

As with all things, we'll monitor how this goes, and adjust if necessary.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

New Rule : You can't overwhelm the discussions (home page) with your posts / threads.

Over the years, this has not been a problem to the degree that a rule was needed. We could generally speak to the one or two Members doing it, but it's happening more and more regularly, so I think it's time to make it official.

• If you create more than 5 threads within close proximity to each other, or post to more than 5 of your own old threads at the same time, you'll be warned for violating this rule. Doing this overwhelms the home page, by moving other folks threads off the page unfairly and/or prematurely.

• I will simply scan the home page, and if you have more than 5 threads there, i'll look at how they got there ... (a) you brought all of your own threads back to the top (or created new ones) ... or ... (b) someone else posted to the thread and brought it back.

If someone else posts to your threads, bringing them back to the home page, that's fine. This will not be counted as you overwhelming the discussions with your threads.

It's only counted as overwhelming the discussion if you are bringing up your own old threads (or posting new ones) in great number (more than 5 at a time).

So ... for example ... let's say you have 3 threads on the home page, that you started, but someone else brought them back to the top by posting to them. You'd still be within the rules to post 5 new threads right at that moment, if you wanted to. That would give you 8 threads you stared on the home page, but only 5 of them you actually brought during that time period.

The goal of this rule is to make sure that everyone's threads get fair front page consideration and are not pushed off the page prematurely, by folk pushing their own discussions / agenda. Everyone wants their thread / discussion to be on the home page, to get front page billing, and if you dump lots of your threads one after the other, it's not fair to all the rest.

This also encourages everyone to post to other people's discussions / threads, and not just your own (as there is no chance of violating this rule when posting to threads created by others).

Basically, this rule is about sharing the prime real estate, and not hogging it for yourself.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Likkle lost....lemme know if i have made dem mistakes pls..

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Whoa! This particular clause is a bit arbitrary and fraught with abuse potential.

Even your threads have dominated the board from time to time. Are you going to warn yourself for replying to people if you have been on vacation from the site?

I tend to agree with Kemey, up to a point...

No new rules are called for, enforcing the old ones more effectively is...

I. e., coming in as a regular poster, what I did unintentionally (if just by the way of multiple postings), whereas others may be doing it intentionally, e. g. spanning all of the forums with multiple discussion/debate threads...

As I also do recall, that was the complaint of other posters, and led to the banning of a particular poster...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back