Higher Standard Required : Rule #8 - You Cannot Overwhelm the Discussions (Home Page) with Your Threads!

Brother Alarm Clock ... you're doing the same again ... see the image below, you've exceeded the 5 threads allowed on the home page (numbered and marked in red)

over5-3.jpg

:heart:

Destee

Sister Destee,

You wrote,

So ... for example ... let's say you have 3 threads on the home page, that you started, but someone else brought them back to the top by posting to them. You'd still be within the rules to post 5 new threads right at that moment, if you wanted to. That would give you 8 threads you stared on the home page, but only 5 of them you actually brought during that time period.

Of the posts above, five have no participation, but one, (#2) has active participation. It appears that Alarm Clock is responding to that participation there:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...-community-then-what.76837/page-9#post-813730

Is that not permissible?

I.e. in your example of 3 posts brought up by others, than 5 new posts brought up by me, can I not participate in the 8 threads or only the 5 new ones?

Brother Asomfwaa ... i moved your post from the Violation Thread, to this one, where we can discuss it ... as everyone is required to stay out of the way of moderating threads / issues / etc. ... though few are observing it right now, it is a rule.

i'm not sure that i understand your question.

But if at any time, threads you started number more than 5 on the home page ... with you posting to them last ... you'll be in violation.

So ... if you want to respond to everyone else's posts, that are in the threads you started, and they are on the home page ... you should probably check to see how many of your threads are on the home page before creating more ... or before responding to others' posts ... so you are not in violation.

Does this answer your question? If not, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Brother Asomfwaa ... i moved your post from the Violation Thread, to this one, where we can discuss it ... as everyone is required to stay out of the way of moderating threads / issues / etc. ... though few are observing it right now, it is a rule.

i'm not sure that i understand your question.

But if at any time, threads you started number more than 5 on the home page ... with you posting to them last ... you'll be in violation.

So ... if you want to respond to everyone else's posts, that are in the threads you started, and they are on the home page ... you should probably check to see how many of your threads are on the home page before creating more ... or before responding to others' posts ... so you are not in violation.

Does this answer your question? If not, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

It does, though it can limit non-spam. I.e. if one six people are engaged in active conversation with one particular thread starter and the thread starter can not respond to all six.

But I understand. :)

It does, though it can limit non-spam. I.e. if one six people are engaged in active conversation with one particular thread starter and the thread starter can not respond to all six.

We're really very flexible with all of our rules, adjusting as needed.

While i've not seen the hypothetical situation you've proposed above, ever manifest itself, if it does ... we're more than willing to work with a Member ... so as not to hinder their ability to post/respond/etc.

Generally though ... this rule won't hinder anyone but those intentionally overwhelming the discussions.

Again ... if you see someone being cited, that might need special consideration ... start a new thread and we can talk about it ... or post to this one ... not their violation thread.

Love You!

Destee

We're really very flexible with all of our rules, adjusting as needed.

While i've not seen the hypothetical situation you've proposed above, ever manifest itself, if it does ... we're more than willing to work with a Member ... so as not to hinder their ability to post/respond/etc.

Generally though ... this rule won't hinder anyone but those intentionally overwhelming the discussions.

Again ... if you see someone being cited, that might need special consideration ... start a new thread and we can talk about it ... or post to this one ... not their violation thread.

Love You!

Destee

Not to interrupt, but the more I think about this regulation, its not bad at all. And, it causes the poster to go back to his or her posts and address the issues raised with others that have chimed in rather than going off yet into further postings. It sorta forces the poster to get involved in the discussions more. Otherwise, what are we posting for, just to be posting?

Thanks again for providing wonderful leadership Sister Destee, and excuse me if I don't type Queen in front of your name, but know, you are more than a Queen for sure.
(maybe Clyde will get some credit for this post, maybe not)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back