Higher Standard Required : Rule #8 - You Cannot Overwhelm the Discussions (Home Page) with Your Threads!

Well, Kem can correct me if I'm wrong, but what I see is this: Say you step away from the site for a few days, weeks, months, and meanwhile others are posting questions and replies to threads you started(doesn't have to be you, but anyone). I see where you say it isn't a warning to you if others bring up your threads, but by you replying to each question in these threads, you'll be bringing them up yourself, but only to answer others. So would that be a warning to someone for doing as much if they exceed the limit just for answering legitimately?

Okay ... that makes sense ... of course it's not happened yet, but if it does we have the flexibility to consider each situation as it presents itself, and will do that. As i said in the opening post, i'll be scanning the home page, trying to see how the threads got there ... if someone is just dumping their stuff on us, pushing other threads to the back prematurely and unfairly ... or if it's a sincere effort to respond to posts shared with them.

For the record ... the issue this rule is trying to resolve ... hasn't played out like the hypothetical situation you and Kemetstry are presenting ... but i suppose it could ... and if it does ... we'll adjust in a manner to accommodate it and other scenarios ... as they actually present themselves.

If you see something that looks questionable, worthy of adjustment, let me know and we'll check it out.

Does that answer your question?

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Okay ... that makes sense ... of course it's not happened yet, but if it does we have the flexibility to consider each situation as it presents itself, and will do that. As i said in the opening post, i'll be scanning the home page, trying to see how the threads got there ... if someone is just dumping their stuff on us, pushing other threads to the back prematurely and unfairly ... or if it's a sincere effort to respond to posts shared with them.

For the record ... the issue this rule is trying to resolve ... hasn't played out like the hypothetical situation you and Kemetstry are presenting ... but i suppose it could ... and if it does ... we'll adjust in a manner to accommodate it and other scenarios ... as they actually present themselves.

If you see something that looks questionable, worthy of adjustment, let me know and we'll check it out.

Does that answer your question?

Love You!

Destee

Yes, it answers it for me. :) Flexibility would really help if ever this did play out.

Love you, too, Destee!

Whoa! This particular clause is a bit arbitrary and fraught with abuse potential.

Even your threads have dominated the board from time to time. Are you going to warn yourself for replying to people if you have been on vacation from the site?

Every rule could be considered arbitrary with the potential for abuse.

I'd suggest you wait until you actually see some abuse before crying wolf ... :look:

Everyone has to abide by the rules, including me. If you see a violation, let me know.

The Moderating TEAM's administrative threads / posts do not count toward our 5.

The vacation scenario ... we're flexible ... able to make these determinations case by case if necessary.

Destee

I tend to agree with Kemey, up to a point...

No new rules are called for, enforcing the old ones more effectively is...

I. e., coming in as a regular poster, what I did unintentionally (if just by the way of multiple postings), whereas others may be doing it intentionally, e. g. spanning all of the forums with multiple discussion/debate threads...

As I also do recall, that was the complaint of other posters, and led to the banning of a particular poster...

FYI...

Agreeing with Kemetstry isn't something you want to say all out loud and stuff ... :lol:

i'm jes say'n ... :lol: ... :rofl:

but no matter ... you can agree with him ... it's okay ... :love:

Thanks for Sharing!

Love You!

Destee

Family ... if you're found doing this, overwhelming the home page ... you'll be cautioned about it, and if you don't stop ... your posts will go into the moderation queue ... where they must all be approved before becoming viewable by others. In addition, we'll combine multiple threads into one, if it's looking like you're dumping on us.

If you let me / us know that you see your violation and will stop, we'll take you off of moderation.

If you fail to take heed to any of the above, you won't be able to post here.

Of course we'll adjust as needed.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back