Higher Standard Required : Rule #11 - Respect People's Property - Include Only a Sentence or Two and a Link

Hello Family ... it seems this issue has come up again, only with a slightly different twist. So I thought I'd add this new concern to this existing thread, for the sake of those new to the Family, that may not know and/or understand this policy.

--------

It's come to my attention that one of our Members read (at an open mic function) a peace of poetry written by another Member, without first obtaining permission to do so. While I have no independent evidence that this in fact happened, the thought of it is quite upsetting.

If a Family Member hadn't brought this to my attention, I'd never know. So I do thank you for that.

It's one thing for strangers/visitors to violate us, but when it is happening by those that have Membership here, that are a part of this Family ... well ... that's quite different.

Gosh ... it's about respect and consideration of those things that belong to another, such a basic act of decency that I'm almost surprised to be discussing it. All one has to do is ask, get permission first.

I'm disappointed, to say the least, and am considering making the forums private (viewable only by those who have Membership and are in good standing). This would mean that we'd never have to worry about a non-Member using the work here and if a Member uses it without permission (and we find out about it), they would no longer have Membership here. This would be an extreme response, but in an effort to protect what belongs to the Members here, I'm more than willing to do it.

This is about all of us, for the work presented here makes this forum what it is. Therefore, I welcome your comments.

Destee

Destee I agree i've had a notion about dis and felt it would
happen i just wish they stop and be right about it but some
time u have to put ya foot down and bang!!!! i'm with u 100%
and standing on ya side to da left............

Amen Destee

I am in total agreement

We as poets have been granted a gift, everyone has a gift within them, seek your own thoughts and experiences and use them as an expression, there is no need to steal or impose upon someone elses creativity when you hold your own within....it's all about looking within and just go with the flow. :)

Destee, this may sound a little harsh, but I agree with your "closed door" idea or private forums. During high school some of the english classes were made to write five original poems all on one chosen subject. One particular girl I know of, browsed the web and found work of talented, unpublished writers, like those on this site, and took their work without asking. She simply copied and pasted. Needless to say, she received an A on "her" assignment.
I've always been worried about some lazy, rude person doing the same to me, but I HAVE to write online, because I don't share my work with "real" people. Anyway, that's just my views on the topic.
Even though I'm a relatively new member, it upsets me greatly that family members would do that to each other. Have some respect people.

*Emma*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back