Black Sports : Roy Motivated again!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
For the first time in over ten years, Roy Jones Jr. is training with his father Roy Jones Sr. In addition, Roy continues training with longtime trainer Alton Merkerson, who says he has no problem sharing duties with "Big Roy." Coach Merk said Roy is currently sparring with Kippy Warren and Derrick Harmon, and is highly motivated for this fight, which hasn't been the case since a proposed fight with Mike Tyson fell through and Jones returned to the light heavyweight division. "He's the old Roy like I saw in the early 90s," he said. Regarding the alleged hand injury, Coach Merk stated, "Even if it's a problem for Roy, he doesn't express that to me, but I don't see any problem with it because he's the type of warrior that can bite down. The fight will take place October 1 and Roy will be at his best, one-hundred percent."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEkZFkkyAyQcEJJnjG.html

I just pray the Brotha doesn't get hurt.

When you've loved and have won in something for so long, you can lose something for it. It takes a great motivation to bring you back to that level where you were before. The prime example is Mike Tyson. Let's hope this isn't the same for Roy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back