Black Sports : Roy Jones, Jr vs Prince Badi

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Monetary, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Roy Jones, Jr. by unanimous decision. Your basic shutout...and he looked dang good doing it too. But, as we all know, it was expected. :D

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    If Roy didn't beat Badi, he had no reason to ever get near a ring again. I didn't pay for this fight though, I preferred to see the excellent card HBO put together last night.

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61

It was a good card!

Clottey looked good early but for all the talk about his conditioning Gutierrez was much stronger in the last third of the fight.

BOTH those dudes worked the body all night and it was a pleasure to see. If Clottey didn't slap so much or lunge in he'd probably give any welterweight a lot of trouble.

The other fight with Vivan Harris was a good one too...stevie johnston has HEART.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    That he does and 8 years ago Stevie Johnston was a "bad" fighter. It has been sad watching his decline because he was one of the top fighters in the world. However he was simply outgunned last night.

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I know ya'll ain't with RJ Jr. anymore...

but I think the brotha is gonna surprise some of you. I think he's a lot better than what ya'll give him credit for. But, we shall see.

I did catch the Vivian Harris fight with Stevie last night. Stevie does have heart. But, his heart could have gotten him hurt last night as well.

I saw another fight on showtime after the fight on HBO. Some young guys were fighting...just starting their boxing careers.

Last night was a good night for boxing.

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm not dissing Roy Jones. In my opinion he is one of the greatest boxers who ever stepped in the ring. In fact I think his last two losses were mental (he was still shell shocked from the Tarver KO) more than superior opponents. Still his best days are behind him, and he really has no reason to continue. I really wish Roy would retire, and felt he should have done so after he won the WBA Heavyweight title from John Ruiz.

That it was Money!