Black Sports : Roy Jones, Jr vs Antonio Tarver III

Monetary

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
This fight is heating up with Roy Jr, saying nothing and with Antonio Tarver saying everything...especially comments about Roy Jones, Jr. Below are a few samples.

Antonio Tarver said:
I think it is a slap in the face to all of those people that have pumped him up and glorified him over the years.

Antonio Tarver said:
The guy has given nothing to the game. All he's been is a bunch of hot air. It just goes to show that the guy has no compassion for the sport that made him a wealthy man and pretty much an icon in many ways, and he has given nothing back. It's a shame -- shame on him.

Antonio Tarver said:
When a guy has been humiliated as he has by his archrival and nemesis, I don't think he is as confident as people want to make him out to be.

Antonio Tarver said:
When he finally had his card pulled, this is the reaction that we get. He hides his head, not wanting to be humiliated anymore. Unfortunately that is the guy that we are dealing with and he seems to be very fragile right now. I haven't changed. I am the same guy and I will be the same guy after Oct. 1, and I want to take my rightful spot in boxing -- and that is on top.

And don't forget about the infamous question Tarver asked Roy Jones, Jr. in the ring before their second fight.

Antonio Tarver said:
Do you have any excuses tonight, Roy?

Given all of this, I think Tarver is in for a whoopin' and the humiliation of his life.

That guy is running his mouth a little too much! That could mean a couple of things, I hope he doesn't embarass himself and get knocked out in the first round. I get the vibe that there is a little jealousy and envy that he has towards Roy Jones Jr, it sounds like something that might have been going on for a while in his career. I thought it was just competitiveness, but now it seems a little more personal. The media really wasn't hyping up his dislike for Roy at all, I thought that was just for promotional reasons.

Deepvoice said:
That guy is running his mouth a little too much! That could mean a couple of things, I hope he doesn't embarass himself and get knocked out in the first round. I get the vibe that there is a little jealousy and envy that he has towards Roy Jones Jr, it sounds like something that might have been going on for a while in his career. I thought it was just competitiveness, but now it seems a little more personal. The media really wasn't hyping up his dislike for Roy at all, I thought that was just for promotional reasons.

Roy Jones Jr is THE reason that Antonio Tarver became a professional boxer, Tarver even admits as much. He has obsessed with Roy his entire career. I do think Tarver talks to much. I appreciate a good trash talker, and hyping fights is part of the game. Still I don't like people to get disrespectful, and Tarver is approaching that point. He has given Roy all the reason necessary for revenge. Let's see if Roy can actually get it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back