Black Entertainment : Roy Innis Alarmed by Quote of Kanye West in December 2006 Issue of Essence Magazine

King Tubbs said:

Brother King Tubbs ... thanks for sharing.

The article says the following ... quoting Kanye ... :

Roy Innis, National Chairman of CORE, is alarmed and concerned about a quote by Kanye West in the December 2006 issue of Essence Magazine. In the issue, West is quoted as saying, “If it wasn’t for race mixing there’d be no video girls. Me and most of our friends like mutts a lot. Yeah, in the hood they call ‘em mutts”.

I'm a bit alarmed myself ... if Kanye said this ... smh ... :(

Again Brother King Tubbs ... thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

King Tubbs said:

This is the same Roy Innes who supported Alan Keyes and is one of capitalist Amerika's greatest Black supporters who is heavily invested in ExxonMobil oil.

Kanye West should not be taken serious by now and he seems to be the poster boy for attacking hip hop culture by the right wing elements of society.

Perhaps is former Black Power advocates such as Innes did not turn into corporate capitalist advocates then we would not be in a stituation of even acknowledging people such as Kanye as spokemen for the Black race.

jamesfrmphilly said:
even a stuck clock is correct twice a day.
if west said this then innis is correct in challenging him.

If so, then what we have is a former Black power advocate, Roy Innes, who is now a conservative Bush republican, openly challenging an icon of Black youth, who openly stated that president bush doesn't care about Black people.

Why concern oneself with what either one of them have to say concerning american "morality"?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back