Black People : Ron Paul on Racism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Daville, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Daville

Daville Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. 28 year old white maile here. Just wanted to post a quote here from Ron Paul on the issue of racism as it pertains to the U.S. government. Would like to hear what people here may think about the ideas and concepts expressed in this quote. I myself do not have any strong opinions either way, but do find his comments interesting relating to collectivism vs. individualism. Thanks in advance.
    Billy

Here is the quote:

""Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct our sins, we should understand that racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty. ""

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I agree 110% Black people in America have been taught the race lie first by white people and later by other self serving black people that we exist only as a group, and that as individuals we are insignificant. Because of this mentality the black race has unfortunately become it's own burden. The problem is, if black people loose the racist, colectivists mentality, will people of other races do the same?

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    No offense, but when ron paul can actually experience what true racism is, I could care less his opinion or definition of it is. He only knows it from one side, the side of the perpetrator.

4. Daville

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the response, no offense taken.

5. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I'm assuming you're a Paulian. If so, could you fully explain what Ron Paul means when he says "Sound monetary policy"?

6. Daville

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry. Not a Paulian. Just interested. I can look into it and get back to you if you like?

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Sure. That works.

8. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    No he's not a Ron Paul supporter, that would be me. As far as sound monetary policy, he wants to rid us of the federal reserve. That is the most sound economic change we can have.

9. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Well, could you explain the meaning(s) behind the terms "Sound monetary policy," "Austrian Economics" and "Astro-Jeffersonian Capitalism"?

10. bigtown

Ratings:
    +31
    How can you call Ron Paul a perpetrator of racism when you have never net the man and talked to him one on one? That race rhetoric is a good example of exactly what Ron Paul was talking about (victim). What true racism have you (personally) experienced? Don't give me headlines, you