Black People : ROMANTIC DINING

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
This is an interesting thread Brother HODEE. I've heard it said that food can be very sensual. I wonder what it is about dining that makes some people perceive it as an opportunity to be romantic? Where did this social custom derive from?

Do Black/African people perceive "romance" differently than people of different cultures and/or races or have we all cross-assimilated into one way of thinking in this regard?

Where did the notion that flowers, candy, diamonds and champagne become symbols of "romance"? Where did this originate from?

Have you ever really given this concept serious thought or are we influenced by the society we live in and never question these customs/practices?

Just curious...
Queenie :spinstar:

NNQueen

Yes food is very sensual. Movies are made centered around food to exploiting its sensuality. It has a lot to do with sharing. I don't understand why a guy who spends a few dollars on a meal at McDonald's believes he deserves some loving in return. Nor do I understand the young lady who believes that one meal is a precursor to YEA... you can have it! :wink:

Jack Nicholson in The Postman Always Ring Twice... shows the senual nature of the meal preparing place. The kitchen. Flour... thrown everywhere.

Oysters having aphrodisiac properties. Homemade bread. Crab, eating with your fingers.. wow the list goes on and on.

:lol: I need a :smokin: after that.

Cooking a home meal to me is love. :love: I'm a passionate cook. Because of the pride I can take in preparing that meal. All the thought of presentation. All the thought and preparation. Adding arousing garlic always. Onions believe it has a seduction, with its aroma. Fresh crushed black pepper, adding color, like red or yellow bell peppers. Cause flavorings and aroma of course heightens the senses and causes an interest, which captures your mate.

When you meet someone new. You want to spend time with them. So for some reason. You just want them to sit down and give you some attention along with some of their time. What better way to get to know people, than over a meal? It's very intimate because it can involve that eye to eye one on one.

Imagine a couple sharing fruit. Passing a strawberry mouth to mouth. Embracing as they lean across the table. Eating opens up a chance to show your funny side too. All things that a relationship is made of and need. Having fun, laughing and enjoying each other, drinking and dining together.

Watching a woman bite into her meal... can send a guy thru the roof. Her eyes looking up as her teeth just touch the strawberry. :bomb: Bam... Bam... food takes second seat to what just happened.

“I’ve heard it said that food can be very sensual. I wonder what it is about dining that makes some people perceive it as an opportunity to be romantic. Where did this social custom derive from? "

If you can eat a meal, it shows a certain trust. In intimacy trust is key.

I believe it dates way back to roman days. Of trusting that your food wasn't poisoned. If the taster died it brought them pleasure. They had a fixation on death and sexuality. The feeding of grapes, with all those women at their disposal.. bathing and eating all day. People today believe I gave you something now give me something. :luvv:

Pan.. I book mark this myself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back