Black Entertainment : Robin Williams Dies at 63

KPITRL

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2013
  1. Actor Robin Williams passed away today. Cause of death was suicide. I'm a little stunned because I recently mentioned him in my thread on the death of James Garner. The thread included a racial skit he did with I believe Billy Crystal, not long after 9-11, which was very unlike the Robin Williams we knew. That may have been a sign right there, as the report says he suffered from severe depression.

As I said, I don't like talking about people who died, especially before they are even buried. I may have gone borderline in my post on the death of James Garner. Although the skit Robin Williams did could have been related to his death, I'll try not to go that route this time, especially since he was still fairly young.

I'll remember Robin Williams the most, not from "Mork and Mindy", but from a movie he did. My surviving sister had recommended the movie to help us cope with the sudden lost of our sister and our father, who we lost back to back in the same month, very early in 1998. The movie came out that same year, and the name of it was, "What Dreams May Come". It was a pretty deep movie about being very close to loved ones, then losing them. Robin Williams even died in that movie, and it show what death could be like during the time you leave your body and the place you go afterwards. Some found the movie offensive, as it went against their beliefs. One female co-worker told me the movie was stupid, knowing I just lost my sister and father back to back...then you wonder why things got so shook up since those days.

My father had manic depression. Although he didn't take his life, I saw what that type of severe depression can due to some people. If you know anyone with this, it's good that you be there for them if possible.

Last edited:
R.I.P.

manic depression / bipolar if thats what he had is a truely terrible thing and more than capable of drivin someone to suicide in the darker periods - at the same time it may have been resposible for the way his life path went - without the extreme ups he may never have become the famous actor / comedian he was

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back