Black Spirituality Religion : Rising Above Holy Books

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Afru Shukuwr, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    The more a book is holy the more the words come straight from God. It is expected not to be treated and read like a regular book. Scriptures could mean something a little different every time it is read and doesnt mean the exact same thing to everyone. We are expected not to take holy books word for word and not read all the stories and instructions like the next movie or how to fix it book.

2. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version (KJV)

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Please don't take this disrespectfully, but u sound like a song by prince because u don't make sense.

"The more a book is holy?"

U make these. Statements from thread to thread knowing there is no way u can support any of it. If u had a personal experience, great but that's for u. Why start thread after thread as if everyone who doesn't feel or believe like u are n some way on the wrong path or ignorant?

Considering your beliefs, your name is very interesting ....

4. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    I agree....I thought the same about his name after he started posting the thread about Thanking Jesus.

5. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    Brother Afru Shukuwr, I appreciate being able to witness the ignited fire you have gained from your spiritual awakening, it's pleasant to see. I agree, it takes spiritual eyes to rightly divide the word of God, so the Holy Scriptures aren't understood by all who read them. It also takes FAITH...thank you for sharing your thoughts and what appears to be a new found closer walk with Jesus!

6. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Just because you feel that way about my thoughts about who is ignorant dont make it reality. I would just had left it alone if I were you.

7. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    What does my name suggest and why? It has been the same since 2007. I have posted about all type of topics and havent radically changed my personal views yet. Its interesting that some people make public assumptions about a person but never try to ask a question and get it right. But there are no hard feelings. I appreciate the responses and other people's right to express whatever feelings they want.

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Just because it's been your name for years doesn't mean you should keep it the same...It seems like it should be a name of your past nature, seeing how you USED to bash Christian belief...Why not take up your "Christian" name.

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    And as far as my assumptions goes...I'm entitled to them...especially when you call out to Jesus with a name like that....

Comes off like a wolf in sheeps clothing is all.

10. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    I used to bash some Christian belief and still would if the right time came. Alot of the Christian beliefs that I felt I needed to bash I did.
    I fully understand your point of view. I guess Im more well rounded than most people that have my type of name would suggest.
    I guess what may seperate me from alot of Christian people is that if I say something great about Jesus or praise God Im not bashing all of other religions or spiritual points of view at the same time. Its the same thing if I said something great about Allah or Jehovah.