Brother AACOOLDRE : RISE AND FALL OF EDDIE LONG

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 26, 2010.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE RISE & FALL OF EDDIE LONG
    By Andre Austin

“Eddie you should have known better”, as Curtis Mayfield sung on the famous Superfly movie soundtrack. Min. Long, 57, rose from a congregation of 300 and might fall with his current flock of 25,000.

For the whole week of new years I spent with my Brother and cousins down up in Atlanta. We left Sunday mourning at about 6am. I was mad at my uncle for not leaving later so I could go see the famous superstar Bishop Eddie Long. I was curious about him because I had seen him on one of Keshia Cole’s reality shows. I had also heard he hosted TLC Left Eye’s funeral and MLK’s wife. Here I’m five minutes away from his church and my uncle passed on the opportunity for me. I didn’t know the man was so extremely controversial.

I didn’t know at the time he’s one of the biggest anti-homosexuals black ministers in the USA. If I had known that I wouldn’t of asked my cuz to take me to his temple. The City of Atlanta is too busy to hate unless your against the gays. Julian Bond, of the NAACP, refused to Coretta Scott King funeral because Long was too big of a bigot against gay and lesbian people.

The sad truth is that in every community in every city there is a Eddie Long, they might not be bi-sexual, virulently advocating the disenfranchisement of homosexual people. The Black church treats gay people like they are nobody, less than human. They are obsessed with the sin of sex between the same sex. You can commit any sin on the books and be allowed admittance except for being gay will get your ticket revoked.

If the allegations from these 4 plaintiffs pans out to be true minister Long should subject himself to a self-purgatory, self-exile and the same disenfranchisement he advocated for gay people. His press conference today was inadequate. Long said he wasn’t a perfect man. His own words will convict or acquit him. But his body language today spelled out a possible slow fall from his meteoric rise of his mega church. He shall rise and fall with his own tongue and rhetoric he so viciously waggled out against gay people.