Honoring Black Ancestors : RIP - Keita Otiba Kenyatta (08.13.1956 - 02.06.2015)

Sister Fine1952 ... Thank You Soooo Much for Sharing This With Us !!!

The very personal picture of the two of you is sooooooo BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Yes, Brother Keita was absolutely wonderful and I too will remember him forever!

I am forever indebted to him for all that he's given to destee.com.

Most of the times he was giving, he didn't even know or count it as such ... just being his own self.

This brings tears to my eyes ... but like you said ... he is at peace now, and i must find my joy in that.

Thank You Sister for sharing with us ... Thank You Thank You Thank You ... :bowdown:

Rest in Peace My Dear Darling Beloved Brother Keita Kenyatta ... :bowdown:

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

I'm very sorry to hear that brother Keita passed away. I had no ideal he was sick. He wasn't very old, meaning he left too soon. I heard him speaking on my cousins internet radio station several months ago, and he was getting down heavy like he always did here. I always wanted to let him know that the CEO of that radio station is my first cousin, but for some reason I hesitate on things like that. This is another time that I really wish I didn't.

Rest In Peace My Brother

On February 6, 2015, Keita Otiba Kenyatta (eg. born 08/13/1956) passed away. He was 57 years old. Eye knew and loved him for only a short period of time; yet in that time Eye knew and understood him totally. Around the middle of December he told me that he didn't think he would make it to Xmas, yet he did. Near the end he was treated at a hospice facility. He suffered a great deal of pain mentally as well as physically, yet in the end --he accepted his own death.

Eye remember how eye tried to talk him out of creating that poem "To You, With Love" Eye am a private person, you see, but in the end eye could not resist letting everyone know eye was the object of his affection.

IMG_20140102_134224.jpg

This is a picture of him painting my toe nails​

Keita wanted to be remembered for just what he was ---a Historian, a Poet, a Writer, a Public Speaker, a Publisher and an Activist. He was a man who held deep and astounding thoughts to the very end. He was a man who sought the truth, though angered by those truths accepted the reality of those truths. Eye will remember him always.

He requested to be cremated and his wishes will be honored.

OneLove,
Fine1952™:hearts1:

0726131406-00.jpg

You have my heartfelt sympathy Fine1952, although Keita and I had our differences, we were still brothers and I will surely miss him ... He was that one person I looked forward to debating, knowing that our best would be exercised, every time.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back