Black People : RIP Black America.avi

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    It will be interesting to see how many view this in one of two ways....either that of bashing...or that of constructive criticism.

2. Son of RA

Son of RA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +92
    Well you know bro who will think it is bashing!!! The same confused group the first video is referring to. The so called phantom, myth, illusion (IBW). I have always wondered how can a inmate exists in a prison system and at the same time run around the prison calling themselves independent. Man, this is some serious mental damage and mind control. Thanks for the vids.

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I got to about 7 minutes and had to end it right after he ask who abandoned whom? if it weren't for his condescending tone from the very beginning, and that he's very obviously angry at the black woman I would not say that he's bashing but,this is exactly what he's doing. There is so much more to say on this topic but I think will suffice to say that a house divided cannot stand. This is one of the major reasons why black people in America are in the situation that they are in. You cannot set up here and speak about a black woman being the heart and soul of a black man and then proceed to tear her down. I did watch the first video, I just couldn't even bring myself to watch the second and third because I probably just laugh myself to death. ironically he has done a lot of very same that he is accusing the black woman of doing. Firstly he has internalized the culturally hegemonic European ideals of manhood.last I checked the woman is an independent being (no pun intended) of the man, she created him. So how could she be the heart and soul of man? I understand that he may be speaking figuratively but he obviously has another goal at hand, especially when he attacks the so-called independent woman. Now I'm not here to tear down the independent woman or even prop up the so-called stereotype of an independent woman. In reality I applaud the independent woman. But also feel sorry for her as well because of all the hell she catches (thats another thread). Now he makes the point that black women through the so-called feminist feminist movement,internalized ideals of what it means to be a feminist from the white perspective. Now we have to understand that the ancient idea of African feminism, has nothing to do with the way white feminism has purported it to be. We cannot sync the European ideas of femininity and masculinity with those of African femininity and masculinity because they are two entirely different worlds. The very same thing that he is trying to evaluate, he's really unsuccessful at doing because he himself has adapted the ideas of white male masculinity, he implies that the man is in charge, which again has no place in ancient African gender roles. For the trained eye hes evaluating it from a European perspective. For person was actually trained to think critically his evaluation is like a gazelle trying to tell a lion how to hunt. But gazelle and the lion came from two different species and world views just as the African and European ideas concerning feminism and masculinity. You cant criticize black women on internalizing white European ideology when you're looking through the same cultural lens, lol. This is exactly what he's doing. It is obvious that he has been hurt by an independent black woman or he wouldn't he otherwise wouldn't be saying this crap.it is crap, nothing that he is saying can be validated by any measure of truth. The same thing that black men endured through slavery black women endured as well. nobody can say who endured more than who during slavery or Jim Crow or oppression because they all endured the same thing and to say that the black man endured so that black woman didn't have to is a slap in the face of ancestors it is as if a bunch of crap. Black women men and children were lynched raped murdered, beaten and killed just the same. We have to get out of the blame game and start figuring responsibility for ourselves and our generation. we cannot go back on what happened in the last generation and discuss whos fault it is. What happened then happened then we had to take care of what is happening now.it will be nice if we can avenge the ancestors, but I know I'm dreaming. We **** sure will not be able to avenge anything with attitude didn't thinking that guy has. this way of thinking is detrimental to the black community, the black family and the future black people everywhere.All hes doing is adding fuel to the fire.

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    IMO the author is on the right track but his message is skewed. He's right when he says (in the last video) The Black/african woman is royalty a queen, a goddess. But to me he puts to much pressure on our black queens, and he doesn't even give our black queens the respect due for holding us together these last 10 centuries. Single moms have double the pressure, yet the hold it together, it's not perfect because they need help. During slavery the Black Man was beaten into submission, then the Black Woman saw no protector and was psychologically attacked as the willie lynch letter suggests. She is the nurturer, though her you will program the offspring. Both black men and black women have been subjected to an intense physical, mental, emotional and spiritual war over the past 6 centuries. I don't think this authors does justice in respect to our queens. Our queens didn't get this way by themselves. I don't think there's any blame for the position our black queens are in. He says they got EGO. Well when you're by yourself getting no help, what are you supposed to do? Lay down and die or stand up and fight? I see fight in our black queens.

The author seems to not respect the power of the black queen. She/we are not here in this position BY ACCIDENT. Single moms DESERVE THE HIGHEST RESPECT. HELLO - they're trying to hold it together by themselves, and they're supposed to be part of the problem?

I agree the black queen must return back to royalty, but the black man must do that as well. Both sides can do better, neither side deserves blame, historically we've been pushed into this corner. Fighting each other. It keeps our overall unity at bay.

The author the suggest the black queen is the mother of civilization. I TOTALLY AGREE. The black queen is to be cherished. Everybody wants to be a player, nobody wants to build, that's too much work. We need to get back to appreciating each other. And I for one APPRECIATE THE BLACK QUEEN.
    Why? Because what ever the black man have had to deal with over the centuries, black women had to deal with double that. Seriously who do you think nurtures the children? Who carries the breast milk?

I'm not happy with what I see with black men and black women. To me men have to get their/our stuff together and so do the women. We both need each other. Need is to blame. We've been under a psychological war like I stated above.

If anything the black queen should be praised. Especially the authors mother who did things that insured he would survive and grow up functional.
    Instead of harping on that he goes on to attack the very being that gave him life.

Lastly I think the author is on the right track, but to his focus is on the wrong person.

Praises to all the single moms out there holding it down.

This was written by the son of a single mom.

5. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Right on point...

I couldnt agree more. Although he made some points he is very ignorant on a few things which happened to be the most crucial...playing the blame game and the black woman as GOD!. If we want progress and change we have to learn our history, respect our history and our ancestors and most importantly stop looking at things through a Eurocentric cultural lens. Now this is hard to do for most of us because weve been born and raised to hate our selves and anything referring to truth about us. If one dares he/she will challenge that method and brake down the savage walls of euro-centricity. When one does that one will see this whole topic and many others in an entirely different light.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Okay, everybody made very good points on the videos and the brother's perspective. I agree that his delivery was rather crude and that he appeared to be short sighted on the totality of our history. I further agree that the "using of a European lens to look at us is a fatal flaw of many of our people. His biggest handicap was in using an "European value system" by which to grade what we are going through and have been through that has resulted in the sub cultures and warped realities that some of us are going through.

The videos remind me of the fact that "the primary reason that we as a people can not rise as we should be able to" is because the so called Black Boule has divorced themselves from the masses of our people. This means that all the higher so called education and economic development that we should have is being used and directed towards the enhancement and progress of European society as opposed to our own people. This means that there is a body of people who are from us but not of us.

It equally means that there has been no healing process for us as a people. One of the greatest ruses that white people have been very very successful at using against us is; They look out and observe us and then when they see differences in philosophy or values, they magnify those differences and use them to their advantage. This is largely what is happening amongst us as a people right now that retards any progress that we may seek to unify us as a people. They magnify our differences and then throw those magnified differences back at us a dividing factor that we for the life of me, somehow can't seem to hurdle over in terms of seeing what or who our real enemy is.

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Many good points made by all of which I agree with most. I think the most important point which reflects my current "thinking focus" is related to a healing which must take place which means we need to focus on harmonizing our internal relationships which necessitates a change in not only how we interact but our frames of reference as well. Sometimes even when we talk as gods or goddesses this does not fully explain how this manifests outside of an external reference. What is the essence of our being?

8. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Yes thank you! Healing must be paramount in this journey. Here is the problem that Ive found: so many of us do not have love for the one we look at in the mirror each day! Healing has to start in the mirror. Love has to look back at you in the mirror and for far too many black people this is not the case. Im talking about fully grown men and women who hate themselves. They wont admit it aloud it may not even be obvious to the naked eye, but what they do and say shows it all. Its time for individuals to make amends in the mirror and love that person not just the reflection but that one within. Sadly the brokenness didnt come directly from the white mans work but was a consequence of it. Many of us have been abused and neglected by parents and society so much that we are disconnected with humanity and compassion for the very one who needs it most; ones self. It is utterly impossible to love and know ANYONE WITHOUT LOVING and KNOWING YOURSELF FIRST.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I dont want to go "religious" in this thread, so please bear with me. As far as KNOWING YOURSELF FIRST I look at it this way. Some of us go to different extremes. One is to put "faith" in external entities such as "God", but from an eurocentric rather than African perspective which results in "belief" in a diety which essentially (according to African tradition) does not concern Itself with the mundane affairs of "mankind" (rather say, humanity). The other extreme is to adopt spiritual systems which reference numerous "entities" which we invoke but without the true KNOWLEDGE of what these "gods" and "goddesses" really are. The "balance" is recognizing that "Neteru", "Orisha", "Gods", "goddesses", are the ROOT CHAKRAS within Our "Temples" and this is why we do have an area of the head know as the "Temple". I you are out of balance and about to get a stroke or heart attack you will feel that tension between and around your "Temples". In our evolution, or mutation, there are newer centers which have been activated increasingly and it is time to throw out some of those old references to 7 chakras, and work on opening up and balancing 14. The same as the 14 parts of "Asar". I "think" that the manner in which this imbalance manifests in our interpersonal relationships is because Black men and Black women are changing "forms" on the astral, mental, psychic, planes and this is manifesting on the physical and intellectual, leaving us increasingly at odds. This is one reason that over the years I have withdrawn from discussing openly relationship issues between Black men and Black women because they often become circular and combative. This is not to say they are not important. I just think that dealing with our individual and personal "auras" and "psyche" is a prerequisite to our interpersonal interactions and relationships.

We got some massive trauma which needs to be corrected and the healing that must take place is not an easy road. The bottomline here as far as the Black man is concerned is that like "Asar", our manhood was took,we were ritually castrated by the slaveraiders, and we can never satisfy the Black woman (as a collective) so long as we remain SPIRITUALLY IMPOTENT and CASTRATED.

On the other hand, the WOMB of the Black woman has been RAPED. We each have been defiled yet we can at times easily blame each other for our present human condition. This blaming needs to cease and it can only do so by re-conditioning and re-storing our NATURAL CONDITION as complimentary "elementals" and joining our creative energies rather than perpetuating into perpetuity this cyclic sexual warfare against each other.

10. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

That was very very well said all of it and I couldnt agree more with the highlighted portion, we MUST GET CONTROL OVER OUR INDIVIDUAL SELVES, we all need to take a serious look in the mirror and evaluate our selves if we have not done so already. I feel the same way in regard to discussing relationship issues in a group setting. While it may be helpful I dont feel that its wholly beneficial because of as you put it so well individual auras and psyches. Its pointless to have those discussions when people in the room are walking around with "dirty" auras, bad energy, aka baggage, and psychological stress from trauma, thats why the discussions often become circular and combative.