Right to privacy?? Under my Roof???

Coach707

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2006
I know many of you have children, so I pose this scenario.

If your child is of age (middle school to high school aged) should he or she have the right to privacy in your home? I was thinking, would it be wrong to read your child's journal or personal diary?

If you found out something personal through reading their diary, should it be within your parental guidelines to do or say something?

Has anyone been through this type of situation?

Coach707 said:

If your child is of age (middle school to high school aged) should he or she have the right to privacy in your home? I was thinking, would it be wrong to read your child's journal or personal diary?

If you found out something personal through reading their diary, should it be within your parental guidelines to do or say something?

Yes, a child has a right to privacy so long as they earn it. This means that they act good and do what they're supposed to do (which isn't that hard). Of course one or two slip-ups doesn't necessarily mean I think their privacy should be invaded.

I believe if a child is behaving in a way that is erratic and harmful for no logical reason, you're going to have to do something. But if they are acting normal and you're still doing that then child feels violated. Why do the right thing if you're always treated as though you are going to do something wrong?

karmashines said:
Yes, a child has a right to privacy so long as they earn it. This means that they act good and do what they're supposed to do (which isn't that hard). Of course one or two slip-ups doesn't necessarily mean I think their privacy should be invaded.

I believe if a child is behaving in a way that is erratic and harmful for no logical reason, you're going to have to do something. But if they are acting normal and you're still doing that then child feels violated. Why do the right thing if you're always treated as though you are going to do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

My thing is, a child is always going to feel like their parents are sweating them. They are fighting for freedom. Just because they feel like they are being punished should not stop parents from being concerned and involved in their childs life.

Coach707 said:

Do my children have the right to privacy in my home? Absolutely not! We live in a society where what you don't know can and will kill you. It is my obligation as a father to protect my children from all harm, including harm they bring to themselves.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back