destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Richard Williams - Not Enough Has Changed

Minutes after his daughter won her fourth Wimbledon title, he was talking as usual outside Centre Court. The Times asked about the significance of Gibson's breakthrough win in 1957, and he was off and running.

"If you're past 10 years old, you know what I'm talking about, " he said. "I turn on the TV here, and you can't find one black player, not one black man or woman or child, on TV that does a commercial. And we came here four days before the tournament. Why don't the English have one black (person) doing a **** commercial? I'm not saying they don't, but I've been here three weeks, and I haven't seen it, and I've taped everything. Not one. What 50 years are you talking about?"

Throughout the careers of daughters Venus, 27, and Serena, 25, Richard Williams has been outspoken, often amusing and often controversial. As he talked Saturday, his voice rose.

"I don't think there has been progress anywhere in America. In America, (George W.) Bush was the governor of Texas, and they pulled a black man down the street with his neck separated from his head (the James Byrd Jr. murder in 1998 in Jasper). Nothing has changed, and nothing's going to change. The only way I can see things changing is for the black people in America to do the same thing the Iranians are doing, and that's to fight until the s--- is over with. And this interview is over with."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:

Minutes after his daughter won her fourth Wimbledon title, he was talking as usual outside Centre Court. The Times asked about the significance of Gibson's breakthrough win in 1957, and he was off and running.

"If you're past 10 years old, you know what I'm talking about, " he said. "I turn on the TV here, and you can't find one black player, not one black man or woman or child, on TV that does a commercial. And we came here four days before the tournament. Why don't the English have one black (person) doing a **** commercial? I'm not saying they don't, but I've been here three weeks, and I haven't seen it, and I've taped everything. Not one. What 50 years are you talking about?"

Throughout the careers of daughters Venus, 27, and Serena, 25, Richard Williams has been outspoken, often amusing and often controversial. As he talked Saturday, his voice rose.

"I don't think there has been progress anywhere in America. In America, (George W.) Bush was the governor of Texas, and they pulled a black man down the street with his neck separated from his head (the James Byrd Jr. murder in 1998 in Jasper). Nothing has changed, and nothing's going to change. The only way I can see things changing is for the black people in America to do the same thing the Iranians are doing, and that's to fight until the s--- is over with. And this interview is over with."

Destee

People need to realize that Richard Williams raised his daughter's in Compton and Lynwood, California at a time when "gangsta rap" was emerging and his family witnessed first hand the devastation caused by the 1992 riots, while his daughters were attending local public schools and the streets in Compton were under seige.

This is a Black man who has travelled across the world several times while leading his daughters to victories in every major event, while at the same time being vilified not only by the corporate media, but his own wife who now refers to him as "that man".

Richard Williams must also be somewhat conflicted since both of his daughters date white men. His daughters are often viewed and/or referred to as ugly because they don't come close to a european standard of beauty, and when he speaks of things in america not changing he is absolutely correct.

Destee said:

Destee

The fight should be mental and not physical. Nothing comes from a physical fight but bloodshed and knowledge about nothing that will help children coming afterwards. Thats why in American guns they will make very attainable and they will send you to Iraq with guns and say they are fighting a war against whoever. People that go over there have allready lost the mental(spiritual) war from the simple fact that they are over there spreading Jesus and demon cracy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back