Black People : Rich or Famous

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Dec 18, 2011.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Which one would you rather be and why? And nope no answers such as "Oh it depends on what I'm famous for"... that is cheating lol... One or the other and why??

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I will start by saying I would rather be rich because it has better perks then being famous. I won't need to work anymore, I could go vacation anywhere in the world and I can have the best of everything. Being famous is okay but I would have people following me around or crazy stalkers, and besides I do not need the fame.

3. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    I'd rather be wealthy:)

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Honestly, famous. Because famous people are listened to, but boy, as an African man who sometimes, like the broken clock, is right, am I censored!

The other day, my mother asked what monies my television program produced, and her being a devout Christian I said, "Matthew 6:24 ; Man can not serve both God and mammon." :)

5. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    Well...how would YOU define 'rich'?
    Hell, you may already be there. *laugh*
    According to some poll this past week, many Americans would consider 'rich' to be around $100,000/year.
    I might agree with that if we're talking about a single-earner with 0 -1 dependants who resides in the south and claims expenses that don't gobble up half their monthly income.
    Other than that? Nope.

Rich vs fame?
    -- I prefer the former. Fame?
    I'd probably be the biggest b/tch in creation. *laugh* I'd be like Russell Crowe duking it out with people every few months. I don't have the energy to deal with 'everyone'...all the time.
    Additionally? I don't have to be known. I don't need schools named after me or busts carved in my honor.
    I could write or act in theater...winning Oscars and Golden Globes and various awards for my efforts. Wouldn't care if the greater public knew my name. If I could be so accomplished, rich...and remain a normal person?
    I'd be happy.
    With the exception of those who actually court the public's attention, I feel sorry for most in the spotlight. IMO, the most reclusive are probably the most decent people. It's a crime to want to perform well at their craft. You have to deal with FANS and the MEDIA...ugh. With the public constantly in your business. I've seen famous person out and about in Miami and Atlanta. I never bothered them...because I wouldn't want anyone bothering me while I was trying to board a flight or eat or be out with my family...or just 'be', in general. Give them some privacy.

-- I'd prefer to be wealthy vs rich.
    'Rich' people earn oodles of money. They have some assets...but they still have to work. There are different levels of 'richness', imo. You have your hoodrich and wealthy athletes, the bottom of the new money class, imo. Then you have mostly highly educated professional: doctors, lawyers, actuaries, etc....
    Sometimes an entreprenuer or two. But most small business owners, though the backbone of this economy, don't make lots of money...
    Those with degrees, in general. IF they majored in the right subject and show a willingness to climb the ranks. To apply themselves.
    There's a top and bottom in every occupation. You can just be a regular old staff accountant or you can be a Partner...or CFO.
    You can just be an elementary school teacher or you can be a principal or college professor.
    It's up to you. That's why salary is expressed as a 'median'. A range....
    For example, I'm an RN-BSN. If I switched to F/T, I'd earn well over the $65,000/year 'average'...because pay for the medical professional is based on experience and specialty, mostly. A degree, not so much. (this will soon change, though)
    I have psych, homehealth, med surg, ED, (chronic/acute) dialysis...and CN and nurse manager experience. My management exp was gained in the military. OF COURSE, I earn more than a newb or a regular floor nurse pulling 12's in an LTC (nursing home).

There are (advanced practice) nurses who earn more than general practice docs...which, if I were a physician, would piss me the hell off! *laugh*
    Seriously? As a doc, you have to specialize to make REAL money. To cross that $200,000/year thresh-hold, I mean. Meanwhile, all that time and money spent in school just to have a NURSE with a d*mned master's degree outearn my a/s...areyoufreakinkiddingme?! *laugh*
    I'd feel slightly put out.

'Wealthy' people earn oodles and caboodles of money...that they don't work for. They, generally, don't have to work. They're asset-rich and cash poor. There are different levels of wealthy, too. In my opinion. These people tend to inherit wealth. Although, I think some who'd qualify as 'new money' are also in this category, i.e., Oprah, Bill Gates, Bob Johnson (bet founder, I think).

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Wealthy and anonymous.

7. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Rich.....You could be famous for doing something crazy or terrible...Well, you could also be rich for doing something wrong too :rolleyes:.............

HELL, just give me the money.:p

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Rich, that way I could help more Black people

9. Hildegard von Krone

Hildegard von Krone Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26
    Rich, very rich :D! so I could travel around the world constantly and meet new people and cultures and countries. I like watching Discovery Travel and Living, one of my favorite channels. Im a big fan of Anthony Bourdain and his tv show. That kind of thing would be my dream!

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    famous because u can actually help more people in the morality section of life....
    think of the inverse of lil wayne....

one love
    khasm