Health and Wellness : Rich and Natural Moisturizer for your Body

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by river, Mar 24, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This recipe will leave your body feeling so smooth and smelling so good.

In a ten ounce glass jar with a wide lid put two parts extra virgin olive oil (easily available at any grocery store), one part shea butter and one part bees wax. Make sure the jar is clean and absolutely dry. Oils and waxes are pretty stable but the introduction of water will cause it to go rancid very quickly. You can add a few drops of grapefruit seed oil which is supposed to be a natural preservative. But I don't know where to buy this oil so I'm just careful not to let any water get into the jar and so far I've had mine for a week and it's still sweet.

Place jar on a double boiler or put some water in a sauce pan, put a bowl with a little bit of water on top of the pan and put the jar in the bowl. Again be careful not to let any water get in the jar. Do not put the lid on the jar while it is heating as this will cause air to condense inside the jar and turn to water. Heat the pan on medium until all the wax and shea butter is melted. Stirring occassionally with a spoon sterilized with alcohol. Carefully remove jar from heat. Cover and let sit over night.

In the morning you will have your cream. Rub it on your whole body when you get out of the shower. It will be oily at first but your skin will absorb it and feel so smooth all day. For a more or less creamy texture you can use more or less proportions of the recipe. You can also add or substitute other oils such as tea tree oil. If you use neam oil be aware of its contraceptive properties and stay away from it if you are either pregnant or trying to get pregnant.

This has been a public service message brought to you by Da River.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sounds delightful maybe i can make some of this ....i'm gonna try it and let you know
    how it turns out Thankz sis

3. trulyMe

trulyMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    sounds like a wonderful recipe. using essential oils also serve as preservations, i.e., lavender, ylang ylang smells good as well. but also, they do need to be mixed in smaller quantities and stored in dark container and cool place in order to maintain the benefits of the essential oils.

i use lavender and tea tree oil all the time.

4. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    does this formula work 4 very dry but sensitive skin sis?

5. trulyMe

trulyMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i have a problem finding good quality shea butter and beeswax. is there a place on the web, preferrably black-owned.

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    What kind of bowl does not break when in steaming heat(anting other than glass would melt anyway)
    Now if you can use glass Please let me know because i must say I have nevertried(believing it would break)
    But hey, Ya learn something new right?

otherwise great recipe...and can't wait to try it

7. cutenappygrl

cutenappygrl Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a pyrex bowl - it doesn't break and it doesn't get boiling hot for a long time.

8. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38

THANK YOU SISTER!!!!MMMUUAHH!:D

9. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes it would Nasheed

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    BY : TruelyMe i have a problem finding good quality shea butter and beeswax. is there a place on the web, preferrably black-owned

Here you go and the price is not high

[FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]HIVEHARVEST.COM [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]Featuring Products Made By Honeybees From [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]TAHUYA RIVER APIARIES[/FONT]
    [​IMG][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Home Page[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Raw Honey[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Raw Pollen[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Hand Bars[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Beeswax Candles[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Bulk Beeswax[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]About Tahuya River Apiaries[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]About Our Beeswax[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]About Our Pollen[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Links Page[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Contact Us Page[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Facts about Beeswax[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Shopping Cart[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bulk Beeswax[/FONT] [​IMG] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All natural 100% pure beeswax. Our beeswax is rendered just above the melting point. This insures that wax is a beautiful yellow hue and retains its rich naturally sweet fragrance. Our beeswax is finely filtered, free of debris and ready to use. Our beeswax comes in blocks of 1 ounce, 8 ounces or 1 lb.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Our beeswax has been used for candle making, soap making, scrapbooking, beeswax collage, encaustic art, blackpowder, sewing, making wood and metal polish as well as cosmetics like lotions and balms. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This is not what you are going to find at most craft stores. Shipping is very reasonably priced at just $4.60 for shipping up to 2 lbs and just over $9 shipping up to 12 lbs. Prices are for domestic shipping only though shipping up to 1 1/2 lbs internationally is very reasonable. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Click on image to learn more about our beeswax process.[/FONT]

http://www.back2africa.com/shea-butter-c-36.html?gclid=CLj4jOjD05MCFQLBsgod8wogiA

you can also find RAW shea butter at a nice price