Brother AACOOLDRE : Rice and Powell contradict eachother

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Oct 5, 2001.

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jul 26, 2001
    CONTRADICTIONS within Government Officials
    Condoleeza Rise and Colin Powell are contradicting themselves about important matters concerning the Middle East. But before I expose these contradiction I would just like to ask why governmental officials tried to tell the public that the Sept 11 attacks on the United states had nothing to do with Israel. The government was trying to tell us that Bin Laden’s beef with the U.S was just confined to our military presence in Saudi Arabia. But according to an Oct, 3 Wall Street Journal article by Gerald F. Seib. Mr. Seib quotes Bin Laden very own 1998 statement that “to kill the Americans and their allies, civilians and military is an individual duty for every Muslim…in order to liberate the Al-Aqsa Mosque [in Jerusalem and the holy mosque [in Mecca] from their grip”. With statements like that why weren’t the Bush administration trying to take the fuel out of the terrorist aims by actively engaging the PLO and Israel. On Oct 2 the White House Press Secretary was asked and stated:
    Q Were you -- can you confirm the reports that the administration was ready to announce that it favored a Palestinian state before the bombing?

MR. FLEISCHER: Well, as the President said this morning, that, of course, at the end of the vision that it's always been contemplated for the Middle East that a Palestinian state is part of that vision, and that it's important at the same time to respect Israel's right to exist in security.
    The news reporter was implying the White now only brings up the Palestian statehood only after the bombing. Is this just a tactic to appeal to Muslims emotions while we go to war against Afghanistan? Will our government go back to business as usually after we take out Bin?
    Two days before madmen blew up the WTC and pentagon Condoleezza Rise had conversations with Tim Russert on his talk show “Meet the Press” on Sept 9
    MR. RUSSERT: The Middle East. Bloodshed every day. Mr. Yasser Arafat will be at the United Nations in a few weeks. The president of the United States will be up there as well. Will President Bush meet with Mr. Arafat and talk to him about his responsibility in the Middle East?
    MS. RICE: The president has said that he will meet with people when it is necessary to meet with people to advance the cause. But there are no plans-at this point in time, there are no plans for the president to meet with Yasser Arafat in New York
    Powell contradicted Rice in an Oct 3, New York Times article written by Jane Perlez and David E. Sanger:
    “After staying aloof from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for most of the year, the administration was about to dive in when the Sept. 11 attacks occurred. Those attacks delayed the opening of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, where Mr. Bush had been planning to meet the Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, conflict.
    I do not know what to believe our government is saying. It seems ludicrous to me that we only want to talk to people during times of catastrophe and in crisis situations. We need to actively involve ourselves in the world in helping to solve problems. I hope that in the future these apparent contradictions will cease.

Andre Austin