Black History Culture : RHYTHMIC PATTERNS IN AFRICAN PERSONALITY...

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Isaiah, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    http://www.africawithin.com/akbar/rhythmic.htm

Peops, this is a crazy interesting paper on African psychology and sociology... Oneness...African culture is like the spider's web, where one aspect of African life cannot be touched without it vibrating the entire web... Awesome, peoples! Know Thy Black Self!(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    This is an extraodinary link. The major difference between traditional African systems and European and Asian is the overstanding that our surroundings teach us thru a comprehensive insight as a whole and not parts of the wheel.

This was the method of teaching our children. and this is also the main reason why we look at life as shallow as we do. Just having a good time is the order of the day

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    One more thing I might add. Our ancestors way of life has been thoroughly erased from our minds and hearts, specifically in this country. And isn't it Ironic that the greatest nation on the earth is what it is today, becausee the greatest peoeple ever put in chains no longer have a "connection" to those that died before them?

There is a saying our people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, Well let me add another saying to that. Our people are suffering greatly from the weapon of mass distraction. And the powers that were given to us will soon be out of reach. If you don't use it, you will surely lose it

4. seminoleBACP

seminoleBACP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The RAIN will continue to fall until the earth is washed clean of the evil....... :thinking: :hi:

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Isaiah you might know of a book called Her Bak, by Isha Schwaller De Lubicz. It delves in to the nature/neter of the material on the link you've posted.

Hetep

6. seminoleBACP

seminoleBACP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    In check...........................................

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello Brother SeminoleBACP and welcome to Destee's!

Would you please explain what you mean by that post. Whats in Check brother and how does this pertain to this thread?

Thank you in advance!

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    At this point I'm wondering if SeminoleBAC has any intelligient contributions to make, or is all he capable of is making wise cracks?

9. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Sekhemu, I had that book back in the day, and didn't have the insight to get through it, you know?(smile!) I wound up giving it away, but I might check into it again...

I am going to post the site where I have found a lot of papers and links to African Philosophy, because the things you learn from the PHILOSOPHY of our ancestors plugs you into who you are as an African person, and connects you to other African people... It's interesting, always, to be informed about who I am, and why I do the things I do(smile!) All those "I's" could easily be substituted by "WE", by the way...

Peace!\
    Isaiah

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Pan and Purple, don't let cats like that take us off the point... Let them talk their gibberish, and let's get our convo on... It seems that African people know well how to draw other Africans into a lotta nonsense... Yesterday, I posted a piece onf the Creoles in New Orleans, and an unnamed brother goes off on a rant without even reading the damned piece!!!! That was mad ignorant, and actually encourages ignorance from the rest of us, since he is an elder... Whew! Ancestors, don't hurt 'em, pleeease, don't hurt dat, man! :kick:

Peace!
    Isaiah