Food Discussion : Rhubarb - It Grew Wild When I Was a Child - it's $6.00 a pound now!

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

When i was a child growing up, we useta have rhubarb growing wild all up and down the alley, along the fence lines. I had friends that lived around the way, and we'd go back and forth to each other's houses through the alley, and we'd pick and eat rhubarb at our leisure. It was always there, well, when there wasn't snow on the ground. I don't think anyone actually planted the rhubarb, at least not to my knowledge, but i guess someone must have at some point in time.

rhubarb.jpg

I was reminded of this childhood memory because i went in the store and saw some rhubarb for sale! I was like ... awwww ... all nostalgic and stuff ... so i bought some ... it's good too ... but what blew my mind is that it cost $6.00 a pound! :eeek:

$6.00 a pound for rhubarb today, that i useta eat all i wanted for free as a child!

Well ... i guess that's just the way things go ... who knew?!

I could have probably been rich right now, if i packaged up that rhubarb and sold it to all the kids on the block back then ... lol ... nawww ... i'm just kidd'n ... my friends would have looked at me like i was krazee ... 'cause they too knew where the rhubarb grew! :)

Anywho ... just thot i'd share.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee are you going to make a Rhubarb pie? I have never had it or tasted it. They are bitter so I know you have to sweeten them up.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back