Black People : Rhetoric or Reality: Civil Rights Under Siege

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by hiphopolx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Here's a sista breaking down the hypocrisy of many sectors of the U.S. dealing with civil rights, and low wages. I'm still listening to the realplayer video downstream now. I came across a site that had free audio book down loads and ran across this. The speaker is Dr. Julianne Malveaux. She also has a web site. http://www.juliannemalveaux.com/video.html

This lecture she made is available on this site.

http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/180

the video stream keeps stopping and starting so I will try to find another source. It could be my connection but this lecture as far as i can tell is worth the extra effort.

Hotep

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    No disrespect intended, but you need to go back and listen to one of Malcolm X's speeches on the difference between "civil rights and human rights". the very idea that we have to depend on white people to grant us "civil rights" means that "we are not citizens". If we were legal citizens of America we would not need anyone to give us any rights, they would automatically be ours. I'm sorry, but a whole lot of us need to wake up and smell the coffee cause nothing is as we take it to be.....running around America talking bout we free. Europeans have put a report out this week sating by the year 2040 that they would be a minority in America. What they were really telling their people is that they have to step up their program of killing, incarcerating and stopping the birth process of anyone not white. So while we play mental masturbation with each other, white people already have a plan and program that will allow them to continue their control of a land that they have stolen for themselves.

3. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    What??

That is a terrible analogy. If you take a good look at their occupying of other countries you will be able to see that they could care less if they are the majority or not. India and South Africa are great examples of them ruling places in which they were less than 10 percent of the population. They do not care about the face of the population...only about MONEY AND GUNS. Those are the tools they use to dominate. As long as they have the control over those two things...they will be in power. And we are too distracted talking about morality and religion to see this.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

This is an excellent analogy proven to be true by history. I refer you to the work of Cheikh Anta Diop, " Civilization and Barbarism". It does not matter what they are doing "OUT IN THE WORLD" they still want a place to distinctly claim as their own. Europe is too close to Africa and India so that won't do. Now America? America is another story...a story that they have been writing and carving out for themselves and they ain't letting anyone mess up that script for a while....not while they still have the pen.

5. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    'No disrespect intended........' none taken, this has inspired me to find that speech. It's been awhile since I heard that speech (about 20 yrs) and I was a different person back then. I need to hear his speeches again. I found this

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/malcolmxgrassroots.htm

speech of his, and will be searching for more as well. If you have info of the link, name or date of the speech you're refering to, it would be appreciated.

Hotep.

p.s.
    Enjoying "Pulling no punches''
    I've been taking it in slow. And my wife has been finding it a good read as well.