Black People : Revolutionary Quote of the Day!

Nice quote Pharaoh. I like your new avator. Is that the one Janet had on during her wardrobe malfunction. :huh: :grin: LOL

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." - Malcolm X (El Hajj Malik El Shabazz)

We haven't mastered the talents of music, but I do see more rappers and individuals establishing their own studios. Challenge is one of our strong talents. We only practice this in sports. We could do more to turn our current issues and problems into the latest challenge of the day. I think many blacks are proud of whom they are and wouldn’t change that they were born black if the opportunity present itself. Then there are those who wish things were better and would rather not be associated or would change the color of their skin in a heart beat. Those are being foolish and actually are minorities within a minority group. Silly thinking. They believe if they run, or by not associating with other blacks they will get you more acceptance in the group you’re attracted to.

All the while getting laughed at and called darky, token when they aren’t around and every once in a while they will and have to take a ridicule punch square in the face and be rejected by all they adore. I don’t see these folks taking any pride in their history or the fact they have rejected their black parents as well. After they have children those kids will experience identity problems, because the parents will scare them with their nonsense.

We don’t do enough to express our own culture. We really don’t have a crystal clear picture of where we originated. In some respects we can create what ever we want. That is a good place for one to find themselves. Having latitude. We can adopt all the dance of Africa, all the dress we want. Foods and any parts of the culture we care to establish and rename it something special taking into account all the blending of traditions. Bruce Lee did something similar with his martial art style, because he felt it was too mechanical. What he created was natural flow. Wow... and his art still thrives.
After some of the above... we can then start to see our own selfhood. Like a single man. Each is unique like the culture we should create. Within the creation we establish wealth, by buying the products and foods, and bank with each other. Now the other banks will lend and trade, that is ok, but the money flow goes back to our culture and neighborhoods. Malcolm was a genius. He gave us many answers. In reading his quotes and what he did. He has told us to get what we need thru the world trade organizations by putting pressure on Congress and the United Nations. It's :time:

HODEE said:
Nice quote Pharaoh. I like your new avator. Is that the one Janet had on during her wardrobe malfunction. :huh: :grin: LOL

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." - Malcolm X (El Hajj Malik El Shabazz)

We haven't mastered the talents of music, but I do see more rappers and individuals establishing their own studios. Challenge is one of our strong talents. We only practice this in sports. We could do more to turn our current issues and problems into the latest challenge of the day. I think many blacks are proud of whom they are and wouldn’t change that they were born black if the opportunity present itself. Then there are those who wish things were better and would rather not be associated or would change the color of their skin in a heart beat. Those are being foolish and actually are minorities within a minority group. Silly thinking. They believe if they run, or by not associating with other blacks they will get you more acceptance in the group you’re attracted to.

All the while getting laughed at and called darky, token when they aren’t around and every once in a while they will and have to take a ridicule punch square in the face and be rejected by all they adore. I don’t see these folks taking any pride in their history or the fact they have rejected their black parents as well. After they have children those kids will experience identity problems, because the parents will scare them with their nonsense.

We don’t do enough to express our own culture. We really don’t have a crystal clear picture of where we originated. In some respects we can create what ever we want. That is a good place for one to find themselves. Having latitude. We can adopt all the dance of Africa, all the dress we want. Foods and any parts of the culture we care to establish and rename it something special taking into account all the blending of traditions. Bruce Lee did something similar with his martial art style, because he felt it was too mechanical. What he created was natural flow. Wow... and his art still thrives.
After some of the above... we can then start to see our own selfhood. Like a single man. Each is unique like the culture we should create. Within the creation we establish wealth, by buying the products and foods, and bank with each other. Now the other banks will lend and trade, that is ok, but the money flow goes back to our culture and neighborhoods. Malcolm was a genius. He gave us many answers. In reading his quotes and what he did. He has told us to get what we need thru the world trade organizations by putting pressure on Congress and the United Nations. It's :time:

Well said, Brother Hodee.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back