Pan Africanism : Reviving Africa, Calling All great minds

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by militant, Nov 8, 2005.

1. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I know that sounds cheeky. What I mean is, I am looking for young people with similar world views. The solution to black problems do not lie in begging bowls for G8/ political revival/education or leadership change/demonstrations/protests/million man march. That road has been taken and it is shown to lead to a dead end. We are facing significant economic problems. What I need are a few people with significant knowledge in economics to critically trash around a few ideas. I have a few possiblities, which we can then strategize on how to realise. Emphasis is on possiblities. Anyone great minds into economics? Hopefully we can meet up, and if things go well set up a group and action committee. Where's anAfrican by the way?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Unfortunately I'm not an economist, but a historian. However I did create a thread some years back on a United States of Africa, which I think points out several directions we need to go in:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21691

3. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, history becomes important since we will not be repeating the mistakes of the past. The greatest American leader ever once said "Fool me once.... shame on...you... fool me twice.....shame on....the fool cannot get fooled again". Dont rule yourself out. Insight into the white machinery will also be help because I foresee sabotage.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Indeed...........

5. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    The first thing Africa needs to do is wean itself off of the Western economic systems of America and Europe.

She needs to develop her own form of economics and stop using and depending on foreign currency.

She also needs to come up with a Continent wide MAGNA CARTA or constitution of laws respected and strictly enforced by all nations.

We can argue about what culture is inferior and what culture is superior all day long but some things stand out REGARDLESS of race, nationality, or class.

Honesty

Order

Discipline

These things are lacking through out much of Africa and it keeps the continent in a constant state of chaos.